Couple held up at ATM

This image provided by the Conyers Police Department shows the suspect vehicle from Sunday evening's robbery at an ATM.

photo

These images captured from surveillance camera video at Wells Fargo Bank were provided by the Conyers Police Department. This image shows the robbery suspect in the foreground and one of the victims in the background. The victim's face was obscured by the Police Department.

CONYERS -- A man and woman were robbed at gunpoint and the man was assaulted Sunday evening at a bank drive-through on Dogwood Drive.

The 39-year-old Covington man and 34-year-old Atlanta woman were at the drive-though at Wells Fargo Bank at 1280 Dogwood Drive at about 6:30 p.m. when they were approached by a black male with a mask over his face. The suspect pistol-whipped the male victim and took cash and the woman's purse.

The man told police that when he pulled up to the ATM his car was too far away for him to reach the machine, so he had to get out of his car. The man said he withdrew $200 and then turned to see a man with a mask on his face running toward him. The victim said the suspect was pointing a gun at him, took his cash and then hit him on top of the head with the pistol. The woman, who was seated in the passenger seat, told police the suspect then came to her window, yelled at her to give him everything, and reached in the car and grabbed her purse.

According to the Conyers Police Department, the suspect got in a dark blue Toyota minivan or cross-over style vehicle driven by a second suspect described as a young black male, possibly in his teens. The suspects' vehicle had a Georgia handicap tag on it.

The male victim was not seriously injured and did not require medical attention.

According to witnesses nearby, the suspects drove out onto Dogwood Drive and then headed north on Ga. Highway 138.

Anyone with information about these suspects is asked to contact Lt. Chris Moon at 770-929-4206.

Comments

JayPee 1 year, 6 months ago

This is getting ridiculous! I was just in Mexico and they have roadblocks set up along the highways. We are going to have to start doing the same thing pretty soon.

Innocent_Bystander 1 year, 6 months ago

.....a man with a mask on his face running toward him.

The next time this moron tries this method, hopefully the victim will only have to explain to the Judge that he wasn't target practicing with six rounds in a two inch pattern on the guys center.

There are old bandits and there are bold bandits...but not that many old, bold bandits. Let's hope that two is the charm for this waste of oxygen.

Rockdale is rapidly becoming a war zone, time to fight back.

superman 1 year, 6 months ago

I'm going to start entering my PIN code with my gun...

kt 1 year, 6 months ago

This should be in the running for "comment of the year!" Brilliant!

donmadd 1 year, 6 months ago

Welcome to the New Rockdale County!!!

Christopher 1 year, 6 months ago

and when he tries to rob me and I shoot him I guarantee his momma and cousins will be on the news talking about how there baby would never do that and they don't know what happened.

WayBack 1 year, 6 months ago

The "welcome to the new Rockdale" and "time to move!" stuff is just tired. Have you traveled outside our county? I've lived here for a span of more than forty years. During that span, I spent about ten years living in other states and countries. It's not just OUR county-- it's the WORLD. The WORLD is different, or have you just never left the county? Or watched the news?

What are you doing to help make the place better?

Well...guess we'd better just hoist our white flags, turn in our guns, and surrender.

Keep feeding the animals, and they'll keep coming...take the food away and they'll take it by force.

Frizzlefry 1 year, 6 months ago

What are you trying to say old timer? That we should just accept this and suck it up? How about you send this guy the 200 bones that got stolen from him and a bag of ice for the knot on his head.

You don't have a high awareness of sarcasm, do you? Youth is wasted on the young, but it will get better once you reach puberty.

Frizzlefry 1 year, 6 months ago

I was actually referring to WayBacks comment. In the mean time, I'll let you know when I go through puberty a second time.

trOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL 1 year, 6 months ago

LOW INFORMATION VOTER LOCATED

nice excuse, your must have a very big forehead ROFLCOPTER

yipcabbage 1 year, 6 months ago

"Way back", you are Way Off. I've lived all over, mid-west, Miami, the Rocky Mountains, North Metro Atlanta, and being in and out of Conyers for almost 40 years and I can tell you it's not "all over". It (Violent crime) is however, all over, where there is a large number of young black males, and yes, it is that black and white. Deal with it.

roots 1 year, 6 months ago

Welcome to the new "Little Detroit" just east of the ATL.

roots 1 year, 6 months ago

Well lets go back and THANK the past County Commissioners that erected that pile of rocks at the Dekalb/Rockdale county line on I-20 eastbound, "WELCOME TO ROCKDALE COUNTY".....

It was not like this until dekalb and ebt moved in. GUN CONTROL HITTING YOUR TARGET.***PLEASE IF YOU OWN A GUN, GET SOME TRAINING AND LOTS OF RESPECT FOR THE FIREARM***

maryinga 1 year, 6 months ago

Why is the face whited out? Wouldn't that help to find this wonderful person with no job and to much time on his hands. I'm sure he isn't taking this money to suport his family and babies.

A good question, maryinga...why IS his face whited out? They already said he was black, and wearing a mask, so why the obliteration? Probably a P.C. Thing.

Anyway, the getaway car with a handicap tag shouldn't be too difficult to find in a database.

heresyafacts 1 year, 6 months ago

The victim is the one with his face whited out. The attacker is the one standing by the car with his back to the camera.

conyerac 1 year, 6 months ago

Dang...this is my bank....and I always get out too because of the distance of the car and atm....guess I will have to make sure I am packed.....maybe the next one won't get so lucky....

trOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL 1 year, 6 months ago

yep, we live in a world where we cant trust the person next to us, AKA IM DIEING CAN I GET A RIDE, L O L NO THANKS YOU MIGHT BE A ROBBER POOF I DRIVE OFFF

conyerac 1 year, 6 months ago

wonder if the 34 yr old Atlanta woman set the 39 yr old Covington man up??? hmmmm....

This isnt the first time someone at this particular atm was robbed. It has been happening for years. The location of the atm, and the bank, is bad. Going to an atm at night isnt a good idea anyway. I understand some people must but when you do, survey the area before you stop and conduct your transaction. Look for anything suspicious an dout of place. Might save a lot more than a few dollars.