Shots fired into house

CONYERS -- The Conyers Police Department is looking for a suspect who fired multiple gunshots into a residence on Village Place Circle Monday morning.

Officers were called to the residence at about 8 a.m. where a man said several shots were fired through his dining room window, striking an interior wall between the kitchen and main hallway.

According to the 20-year-old male resident, he was in the bonus room over the garage when he heard a knocking sound coming from the garage. Shortly afterward, he said, the power went out and he heard another knocking noise.

The man said he slowly made his way downstairs to the wall just outside the dining room. "He said as soon as he peeked around the wall to look out the dining room window, the suspect opened fire and began shooting into his residence," the CPD officer wrote in his report.

The man told police he dropped to the floor and waited until the shooting stopped. He then ran to the phone and called police. The victim was not injured in the incident.

Outside officers recovered six shell casings about 12 feet from the residence.

Witnesses in the area told police they heard several shots fired. Witnesses also described a suspect they had seen as a black male in his 20s, wearing a blue hoodie, gray or light-colored jeans and a gray baseball cap.

Comments

John_Galt 1 year, 5 months ago

What a brave hoodie-man! His mother must be proud.

To the poster who recently said, "This is not the Wild West!", you might want to rethink that.

Southside 1 year, 5 months ago

That description fits most of the crimes reported here in the past few weeks. That dude is really busy

Christopher 1 year, 5 months ago

Im sure this had nothing to do with drugs..........

Clem 1 year, 5 months ago

An assault hoodie ban. Now that's something I think I could support. Oh, wait, I forgot. Hoodies don't kill people, "black male in his 20s, wearing a blue hoodie, gray or light-colored jeans and a gray baseball cap" kill people.

Outcry 1 year, 5 months ago

It really hurts to read/hear the news and constantly see crimes committed by the same description of people. Rockdale is home for me, but like other old-school towns, times are changing. It isn't the same ol' Conyers that it used to be. You idiots are really making it difficult for other minorities who are trying to put an end to that stereotype. But then again, you probably aren't even reading this!

Actually, we are reading it. Your post demonstrates the problem...groupthink.

The posts here are talking about the individual criminal, not the whole race. It goes to the tendency of blacks to not think as individual and refuse to see that blacks - like all races - have bad players, as well as good players.

You seem to crave being offended if one member of your race is criticized about anything. Until you see that skin color does not erase low morals, or committing crimes, among certain individuals within that race.

It's cult-like to defend murderers and robbers just because of the racial link.

Perception is based on reality, and when the daily news and the facts demonstrate it daily, calls about "stereotyping" or "profiling" go from being reasons, to being excuses.

Based on your post, you obviously condone the crimes based on the commonality of race.

You must have been on the O.J. Jury.

Outcry 1 year, 5 months ago

For your correction, my comment was aimed at those who are causing the problems...which are repeatedly young black males. I am of that same minority group,so I know how it feels to have to prove yourself even more because of some idiot who fits the same description likes to rob and live a dishonest lifestyle. I don't fault Rockdale Citizen for printing it, or anyone else for reading it. I fault the jerks who are giving them something to read about...the jerks who dont care who they hurt or offend. I dont condone any crimes, regardless of race. My point is for these same young men to think about themselves, who they're hurting, who they're representing.

ajones12 1 year, 5 months ago

I sure hope they find the suspect.

Since we are all talking about stereotyping let me remind you that most of yall believe that perception is reality and that is where stereotyping begins. The solution is in education, something which is sorely lacking in Rockdale County, and the willingness to do better. Getting all liquored up before seeking some type of street justice just ain't the way to do it.

superman 1 year, 5 months ago

I think you've missed quite a few news articles; but most of the criminals are coming from outside the county. While I'm not going to argue the education is lacking, it's not just Rockdale. I would actually be curious to see crime stats on how many people who are a life long resident of Rockdale. I'd venture to say very few.

heypastorbob 1 year, 5 months ago

Oh how I LOVE living in the HOOD! Rockdale Co use to be such a nice place to raise a family. Now you have to worry about your family getting shot for just living here! I can't wait to move!