Fliers from the KKK appear in yards of south Newton County residents

COVINGTON — South Newton County residents notified the Newton County Sheriff’s Office Monday morning that unwelcome fliers were being distributed in their neighborhood.

NCSO Public Information Officer Deputy Courtney Morrison said a homeowner living near County Line Road called around 10 a.m. to report that sometime between 6 p.m. Sunday night and 9 a.m. Monday, a flier had been left at the entrance of her driveway that contained an invitation to join the Ku Klux Klan.

The flier was enclosed in a plastic bag with a rock inside to weigh it down. It had a drawing of a robed klansman standing in front of a tree with writing that said, “Join the KKK — Loyal White Knights. Call us today at 336-432-0386 www.kkkknights.com.”

“The Newton County Sheriff’s Office is currently monitoring the situation … the fliers are being reviewed to make sure they don’t contain any inappropriate information or threats,” Morrison said. “As far as we know, there are no active KKK chapters in Newton County and these fliers seem to be based out of North Carolina.”

Morrison said the Sheriff’s Office had recovered three other versions of the flier — one that reads, “Help Save Our Race” and shows a klansman in front of a Confederate flag; one with a klansman on a horse with a torch; and another one with a klansman on a horse holding up a cross that reads, “White Pride = White Power.” All have the same contact number and website reference.

“As far as we know, no threats have been made toward citizens, but in the instance that a citizen has been threatened or feels threatened in any way, they should notify 911,” Morrison said.

The distribution of the fliers, while may be disturbing to some, is not against the law, Morrison said.

Comments

Outcry 1 year, 8 months ago

i wonder if they have any black letters on their plane

crackahata 1 year, 8 months ago

Not only ingnorant but bold!!! Its funny how they only go to the rural areas and distribute that mess. In this day in time the KKK wouldnt stand a chance!! Believe that!!!

areyoukiddingme 1 year, 8 months ago

I have to question this newspaper thinking cap by putting the web address in the article? Hum, sounds like support to me,,,during sporting events on tv, have you notice they don't give air time to idiots anymore--streakers & fans fighting-- shows christopher missed that part,,,wake up Citizen!

Outcry 1 year, 8 months ago

i wonder why they didnt pass them out in Pinedale! white people live in Pinedale too!

crackahata 1 year, 8 months ago

lol, yeah right...they know better.

That would have been good. Shady grove even better. But yeah. Just because the KKK is stupid doesnt mean theyre REAL stupid. I wish we knew who it was that put them out. It doesnt help anything.

Southside 1 year, 8 months ago

I think the KKK is a totally nothing group of people, but judging by today's jail blotter most everybody on Pinedale Circle is in jail

Tiger 1 year, 8 months ago

I guess my man Elmo not touching this one.

Southside 1 year, 8 months ago

I don't know Elmo,nor do I want too, but what is your point? He is probalbly no more of a racist than you are a golfer.

Tiger 1 year, 8 months ago

Hey Golfer who said i was calling Elmo a racist? He post some good stuff every now and then, just like the post he just posted about the Beer hit and run, which i liked. So what's your point? are you one?

I try not to "touch" on things which have little, or no, credibility. It has been many years since I have seen or heard anything about the KKK.

Insofar as the "racist" slur, playing the race card is the last refuge of a fool. However, commenting behavior and morals is everyone's perrogative. That I will continue to do, with no apologies.

If the good Lord had not meant for people to decide what they like, or dislike, we would not have been given the capability to do so. To do otherwise is to be a brainwashed idiot.

The courage to speak up has been sadly lost in America.

As a final note to the PC brain dead, calling me names will not silence me.

kt 1 year, 8 months ago

Wait! Why such cowardness!? I thought you were proud to hate people because of their race or religion!? Right!?? That's why you wear masks and put flyers out on people's driveways IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. Because you're so bold and proud and supreme?

May God Have Mercy. Because I sure don't.

superman 1 year, 8 months ago

Excuse my ignorance- but what is the difference between the KKK and the Black Panthers? Are they not both racist driven groups? I don't support either group, but the 1st Amendment gives them the right to say what that want.

crackahata 1 year, 8 months ago

STFU....we wont excuse your ignorance...you cant compare the Black Panthers to the KKK..are you serious? The first amendment gives me the right to take that same rock you left that flier with and use it on the same person who left it there. so go on to freds or cracker barrel get you some more sheets and ride around at Nite back to your trailer park where you belong.

Your name says it all.

BTW, the First Amendment if for the freedom of speech, and does not give anyone the "right" to throw rocks.

crackahata 1 year, 8 months ago

yep it sure the hell does...thank you. BTW, Im well aware what the First Amendment means Elmo and surely you get my point. Enough said. Bye.

You...had a point? Where did you get it, from Zo?

If ignorance was a B-B, you'd be Stone Mountain.

Oh, and if I did live in a trailer, at least section 8 wouldn't be paying for it.

superman 1 year, 8 months ago

I wasn't trying to make a point- simply asking. But I guess you're too ignorant to remove your head from your bum to realize that. It seems as though you are anxious to introduce a racial fight here. I don't condone the KKK, or any other similar hate group. Say what you will, it is your right to use your first amendment to make yourself look like a fool.

kt 1 year, 8 months ago

I think it's a fair question. They may not be actively handing out flyers, but they are considered a terrorist organization. And they hate people of the white race and make it known, so I think that's a more than fair parallel to draw.

The Black Panthers are not putting fliers in local yards. Why would you bring them up?

superman 1 year, 8 months ago

Really just curious. I've made several comments here about how racism has destroyed our nice community so I'm quite shocked at crackahata. I brought them up because it seems as though the KKK is being attacked for using their first amendment- but I must have missed the criticism of the Black Panthers in previous news events like the Zimmerman/Martin incident.

Is that the same Black Panthers who sent the Shabazz guy out threatening to kill all the white babies?

CRACKAHATA, WHAT A JOKE. sounds like a coward to me. He must not like crackers in his soup.

crackahata 1 year, 8 months ago

well, i guess everyone on here is a Coward then.

crackahata 1 year, 8 months ago

I love antagonizing you redneck thugs!!!! ONLY IN ROCKDALE!!!!LMAOOOO!!!!!

I'm sure your parents are proud of you.