'Polite' robbers hold up Waffle House

CONYERS -- Two young black males armed with handguns held up the Sigman Road Waffle House restaurant early Tuesday morning.

Two female employees and a male customer were inside the restaurant at about 4:15 a.m. when the suspects came in with their faces covered with bandannas and armed with semi-automatic handguns, according to a report by the Rockdale County Sheriff's Office.

Witnesses told authorities that the two men were calm and polite during the robbery. They reportedly told those inside the restaurant that they were only there for the money and were not going to hurt anyone. One of the suspects had brought a bag to carry the money.

Once one of the employees had placed the money in the bag, one of the suspects reportedly said, "Have a good night," and both suspects left the store.

Witnesses did not see a car leave the restaurant, but video surveillance tape from a parking lot camera showed a small, dark four-door passenger car driving into the parking lot at about 4:06 a.m. and park near the Dumpster. The tape showed two males enter the store and start making motions toward the employees, according to the report.

Both suspects were wearing dark sock hats and had dark bandannas with white marks covering their noses and mouths. One of the suspects was wearing a large dark jacket with a white undershirt, dark-colored pants and tan work-style boots. The second suspect was described as slim-built and wearing a dark long-sleeved shirt, a white undershirt, gray or khaki pants and dark shoes.

Comments

BUBBA 1 year, 9 months ago

and back to dekalb co they went

MsKito 1 year, 9 months ago

If you are "armed with semi-automatic handguns" and robbing people, scaring them half to death, you are not POLITE. You are a lowlife creep. POLITE citizens do NOT threaten and ROB other citizens.

Christopher 1 year, 9 months ago

Too bad I wasn't in the restaurant, I would have polity shot them. Then everyone could hear there mothers on the news saying they don't understand how this could have happened to there babies.

Outcry 1 year, 9 months ago

one black male...two black males...three black males...a group of black males! you idiots are really making it hard for other african-americans who push for honest living and morals. you're hurting your own kind more than your realize and confirming a stereotype that we try so hard to fight against.

You're absolutely correct. And since the federal government has hog tied anyone who wants to fix it, with the "racist" tag, it's up to the black community to fix it.

Technically, the words "African", and "American" are both nationalities, and since America doesn't recognize dual citizenships, they need to choose one or the other, or, get a green card to remain here legally.

GISXER 1 year, 9 months ago

Since you seem to be an educate fellow, I would like to know where you got your information on dual citizenship, what is your source? You are right African & American are two nationalities, however African-American is an ethnicity.

You do your own research, I'm not the welfare office.

"Basically, dual citizenship is only considered acceptable by the US government if it is the result of birth in a foreign country ore marriage to a citizen of a foreign country. If US citizen applies for citizenship elsewhere, he or she must forfeit his or her American citizenship, and vice versa."

We're you born in Africa? If not, your question has no point or relevancy.

GISXER 1 year, 9 months ago

Lol, "Technically" & "Basically."

The concept of dual nationality means that a person is a citizen of two countries at the same time. Each country has its own citizenship laws based on its own policy.Persons may have dual nationality by automatic operation of different laws rather than by choice. For example, a child born in a foreign country to U.S. citizen parents may be both a U.S. citizen and a citizen of the country of birth.

A U.S. citizen may acquire foreign citizenship by marriage, or a person naturalized as a U.S. citizen may not lose the citizenship of the country of birth.U.S. law does not mention dual nationality or require a person to choose one citizenship or another. Also, a person who is automatically granted another citizenship does not risk losing U.S. citizenship. However, a person who acquires a foreign citizenship by applying for it may lose U.S. citizenship. In order to lose U.S. citizenship, the law requires that the person must apply for the foreign citizenship voluntarily, by free choice, and with the intention to give up U.S. citizenship.

Intent can be shown by the person's statements or conduct.The U.S. Government recognizes that dual nationality exists but does not encourage it as a matter of policy because of the problems it may cause. Claims of other countries on dual national U.S. citizens may conflict with U.S. law, and dual nationality may limit U.S. Government efforts to assist citizens abroad. The country where a dual national is located generally has a stronger claim to that person's allegiance.

Tiger 1 year, 9 months ago

Wow Elmo!, a green card for African American's? you act like African Americans came here by choice, or wanted to come here. Come to think of it this wasn't white people land either so maybe we all need a green card to live here legally.

superman 1 year, 9 months ago

Technically, if you were born here you didn't come here by choice. I'm reasonably sure that anyone who was taken by the Spanish from Africa have since perished. If your heritage is from Italy do you claim that you are Italian-American? My opinion is that I'm white with Italian heritage. How about the whites that live in Africa that migrate here? What about blacks from Jamaica (and other countries), are they African-American? I'm not one but I'd assume that would be an insult since they're not from Africa. This country was formed based on immigration. I say we welcome anyone that wants to come in legally. I have to agree with Elmo, calling someone that has black skin African-American is not a true representation. If I saw someone with African heritage standing next to someone with Jamaican heritage I don't know that I could distinguish them from one another. But, they both have black skin. Additionally, we all originated from Africa where the bulk of the human race migrated through Asia before taking over the planet but that's another story.

Tiger 1 year, 9 months ago

question for you Elmo. What do you call black people, i'm sure they want post it, then again who knows.

It depends on the person...just all other races, there are good ones, and bad ones. But I am not into "groupthink", nor do I wholesale like any group because the liberal elitist, or the government, tells me I should.

If you're a thug, a liar, a thief, I don't have much use for you, at all. If you walk around with a racial chip on your shoulder, pining about a time in America 200 years past, you are unrealistic and very immature.

Wallowing in victimhood is not an admirable trait for any race. There is a constant demand for "respect", respect that is not earned is insincere. All of the civil rights laws in the world will not earn respect for the individual. It's something we must each earn for ourselves, bit by bit.

What do I call black people? Some, I call "friend", some I call a-holes, again, depends on the INDIVIDUAL.

Tiger 1 year, 9 months ago

Wow Elmo, all jokes aside i'm stumped. I mean after reading this post and past post i didn't expect this from you at all, i can only take your word for what you say.

Sure, they were "polite"...hey, they brought their own bag for the stolen money, didn't they? See, they're protecting the environment too! (/sarcasm off)

Right, we should get rid of our existing MARTA system so that they can't come in and...wait what's that? MARTA isn't here yet? OH! Guess you can't blame MARTA for this no matter how much you try. I think the better solution would be to cut off Rockdale County from all other counties. Just sever the roads, then erect concrete barriers so they can't drive in from Dekalb or wherever and do this kind of thing.

superman 1 year, 9 months ago

Now that's the best idea you've had!

NO, WHEN ROCKDALE WAS MAJORITY WHITE THIS WAS NOT AN ISSUE

Tiger 1 year, 9 months ago

Keep Marta out, that's your only comment. I hate Marta too, but i hope they bring Marta here and put a bus stop right in front of your house.

Next month is Black History Month which is officially mandated. Blacks has greatly enhanced the standards of living in America. For example, George Washington Carver invented peanut butter. He used it as a butter substitute because he was worried about his cholesterol and clogged arteries. I don't condone robbing Waffle House patrons and don't personally eat at that restaurant and I do acknowledge that this is an unfortunate incident. But let's look at the bright side. Like they say, if you get lemons, make lemonade.

A tip to you, TM, before posting tripe, maybe you should do 10-cents worth of research.

"Evidence of peanut butter as it is known today comes from U.S. Patent 306,727, issued in 1884 to Marcellus Gilmore Edson of Montreal, Quebec, Canada, for the finished product of the process of milling roasted peanuts between heated surfaces until the peanuts entered "a fluid or semi-fluid state." As the peanut product cooled, it set into what Edson explained as being "a consistency like that of butter, lard, or ointment". Edson's patent is based on the preparation of a peanut paste as an intermediate to the production the modern product we know as peanut butter; it does show the initial steps necessary for the production of peanut butter.[2] George Washington Carver is often falsely credited with inventing peanut butter and is nearly synonymous with its history in the United States."

From Wikipedia

Southside 1 year, 9 months ago

Well, was he right about making lemonade with lemons?

GISXER 1 year, 9 months ago

You are right Elmo Carver did not invent or patent peanut butter, as an agricultural chemist, Carver discovered three hundred uses for peanuts and hundreds more uses for soybeans, pecans and sweet potatoes. Among the listed items that he suggested to southern farmers to help them economically were his recipes and improvements to/for: adhesives, axle grease, bleach, buttermilk, chili sauce, fuel briquettes, ink, instant coffee, linoleum, mayonnaise, meat tenderizer, metal polish, paper, plastic, pavement, shaving cream, shoe polish, synthetic rubber, talcum powder and wood stain.

However, Carver only applied for three patents. •#1,522,176, 1/6/1925, Cosmetics & Plant Products •#1,541,478, 6/9/1925, Paints & Stains •#1,632,365, 6/14/1927, Paints & Stains

Well, Edison had hundreds of inventions too, and the foresight to patent them.

Frizzlefry 1 year, 9 months ago

TM has diarrhea of the mouth. It's quite laughable listening to him.

roots 1 year, 9 months ago

I'm always carrying when i'm in a Waffle House. Just a FACT, hope some of these polite thugs read this (if they can read) and know that if an armed person walks into an establishment that i'm also in, with their intent to Rob, i will feel that my Safety and/or Life is threaten. I will react with in kind force to protect myself….

Spydee 1 year, 9 months ago

Why is it that NO ONE calls ME "Scottish American"???

The same reason you have to pay for entitlements instead of receive them, you're the wrong shade.

Tiger 1 year, 9 months ago

LOL, Elmo, Elmo. Wrong shade?

If the shoe fits...wear it.

maryinga 1 year, 9 months ago

When filling out an application for something, in the space marked "other" put that in!!! I put in "French/Irish American".....boy do they look at me strange!!

Tiger 1 year, 9 months ago

Never heard anyone call African Americans, African Americans in public. That's probably why no one calls you scottish american, also probably because you look more Rockdale, Covington, or trailer park white.

Southside 1 year, 9 months ago

I don't care anything about peanut butter, lemons or the Waffle House, but if you've never heard of blacks being rerered to as "African Americans" in public, you don't get out much.

Tiger 1 year, 9 months ago

Southside I don't care about peanut butter myself, lemons are ok, waffle house it's alright.I'm sorry I got off track, well i get out more than you think, , however I've never heard anyone say, that African American over ther needs a taxi, or can someone please help the African Ameican to his seat.

"African-American" is a government liberal invented term finally settled on and promoted by a liberal media to appease a group of people who couldn't decide what they wanted to be called in a politically correct world so as to not hurt your widdle fweeings.

How do you know what Spydee looks like...or are just profiling? I don't know, but so what if s/he lives in a trailer park, does that make you better than him/her? At least it's not section 8 housing living on the taxpayers dole.

Tiger 1 year, 9 months ago

So African Americans didn't call themselves that so it was the goverment. the same white impowered goverment during salvery who also gave them the N-word as their name to identify them. Section 8, lol do you know there are a lot of whites on section 8, and wellfare as well? who know you could be collecting foodstamps and living in section 8 housing as well.

GISXER 1 year, 9 months ago

Tiger, don't insult such an outstanding, well educated, & diverse guy like Elmo. He might get upset...I think he works at the Welfare Office.

Actually, I work at HUD, as a "Section 8 clerk".

will 1 year, 9 months ago

Man Elmo you must work alot of overtime.

Yep...it's pretty tough to have to give away other peoples' money all day long...but somebody's got to do it.

Tiger 1 year, 9 months ago

Spydee, I'm man enough to let you know that I owe you an apology for my comment.

VPublicola 1 year, 9 months ago

Because the social engineering crowd in government does not or will not recognize any ethinicity other than a minority ethnicity as a hyphenated ethnicity. Apparently the government doesn't recognize Scottish-Russian-Americans either! I simply mark the box 'Other' for that and write none of your business. I don't like forms that ask for race either! IMO, when someone marks those ethnicity and race boxes, it serves to perpetuate the problem.

Personally, if you were born here, then you are American, period. If you recently immigrated here and have yet to earn citizenship then I'll recognize you as a hyphenated ethnicity.

Can you still be African-American if your lineage is European-African American despite not being born in Africa (or probably not knowing hardly a damn thing about African history). But, what if that European blood is greater than 50%.

What I am getting at is how is African-American officially described. Regardless, I view it, by and large, as a bunch of hooey.

superman 1 year, 9 months ago

What! A crime committed without an AR or AK?

bigswole1133 1 year, 9 months ago

The one at Hwy 138 & Sigman Rd??

ConcernedAmerican99 1 year, 9 months ago

I believe it is the one at I20-Sigman....less than 1/2 mile from the Express Park and Ride and Sheriff Dept. They have been robbed at least 2 times and I believe at least once more.

What does the XPress Park and Ride have to do with this? Are you implying that all transit brings in criminals?

conyerac 1 year, 9 months ago

dang...and I thought Skippy invented peanut butter.....

No Al gore invented it on the same day he invented the internet.

Blacks are the majority of all crime. TM, EVERY MONTH IS BLACK HISTORY MONTH .

superman 1 year, 9 months ago

Outcry has a valid point here. Nearly every article I read about a robbery, gun battle, and the like has "black male" as a description for the suspect. It does make all blacks look bad- but these criminals are too stupid to realize they are only hurting the reputation of all blacks. I know many of whom are stand up individuals and have seen how people look at them because of their skin color. If blacks wouldn't commit crimes that stereotype would eventually go away and a white lady walking through a dark parking lot wouldn't grab her gun at the sight of a black person.

will 1 year, 9 months ago

@superman, its usually young black males in hoodies. That sounds like a smart white lady walking through the dark parking lot, I hope she knows how to use a weapon.

Tiger 1 year, 9 months ago

So if blacks are the majority of all crimes, and i saw your precentage rate which i think was was nuts i wonder how many blacks you may work with and speak to everyday, live next door to, shook hands with, smiled in their faces, cracked jokes with, etc. know that you feel that way?

almosthopeless 1 year, 9 months ago

There is alot more to this story. I know for a fact that at 4am on Monday, There were two males taking pictures of the security cameras and exits and acting very suspicious. The employees called the police. They were told that the men didn't have any warrants so there was nothing that they could do, and if the men acted any stranger to call them back. This doesn't make any sense to me. Why wasn't something done when they were so clearly planning a robbery.

Lorenzo 1 year, 9 months ago

That is completely false!! The employees were told no such thing. Why do you feel the need to lie like that? Are you simply attempting to stir people up? Can you either comment about the story, comment about the problem or just turn off your computer?

What could the police have done? Arrested them for acting a little out of the ordinary? Since when has that become a crime?

LEVESTERSMOM 1 year, 9 months ago

You need to actually read the article regarding the Monday incident. It was one NOT two males and he wasn't taking pictures. Get your story straight.

BUBBA 1 year, 9 months ago

come on people -- A fine place like the waffle house gets robbed at gunpoint and all we can do is argue about skin color. We shouldn't have to speak of it because we can read and see in the news that the majority of crimes these days are commited by young black males in this metro area. ANYONE that takes up for these young black males are just trying to make excuses for thier behavier and would take up for them in public as well as here. There-in lies the problem ANYONE taking up for them couldn't care about the image of the black comunity and what this has done to the reputation of blacks they must think it ok to rob and steal from whittie. To these people I say you are a RACIST and a fool to think things will ever change you are a racist and spread and teach racism to the young hoping to gain something. If you were born in america YOU ARE AMERICAN and until you chose to be american and not ask to be seperatted from everyone else then you will allways be something else. Unforunatily The something else will be a thug low life looking for a handout you chose to be related to. BLACK AMERICANS need to wake up and take hold of the problems. If you are not part of the soluttion you are part of the problem

TrueLife 1 year, 9 months ago

Aaawww, don't hate me cuz I'm black. Get over it already. A lot of you "Keyboard Gangstas or KG's" should come out into the real world and protect us citizens from the miscreants that plague our society. Far be it for me, a reformed thug, to actually to give insight into this forum, but here's my two cents. Most gun owners don't want to be placed in that situation to make the decision of protecting life and property unless it's a clear cut case of self preservation. I probably would've sat there, with my gun on my hip, and hoped that the robbers were satisfied with the change received from the register. Only if it were direct contact, where I was supposed to surrender my wallet containing my personal info, would i have contemplated smokin' dem fools. Be real, stop frontin' like yu Chuck Conners:-)

Outcry 1 year, 9 months ago

Keyboard Gangstas...Smokin' dem fools....I'm with you man! Thats funny!