0

Electrical fire quickly extinguished at home on Ebenezer Road Saturday

CONYERS -- Rockdale County Fire and Rescue reports a residential fire Saturday night around 8:30 p.m. at 2021 Ebenezer Road.

Minimal damage was done to the home, according to Chief Phil Norton, fire marshal.

He said no fire was showing when units arrived at the home and further investigation revealed a small electrical fire involving an electrical panel in the garage.

"There was no extension ... it just involved the electrical panel. It was obvious something shorted out or happened in the electrical panel that caused the fire," Norton said.

He said sheet rock was pulled from the area to make sure the fire had not spread. The power company was called to disconnect power to the dwelling.

Norton estimated the house incurred less than $10,000 in damages.