Ronda Rich column
Terri Schlichenmeyer book review, "Bargain Fever."
Rockdale Emergency Relief welcomes new executive director
Rockdale Emergency Relief has hired a new executive director, Andrew Peabody.
I have enjoyed writing letters for as long as I can remember. I like to think that letter writing is my modest contribution to the continued existence of the U.S. Postal Service. But I suppose some may say it is a compulsion.
The spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday needs to endure all year long. America’s history with the American Indians is far from virtuous, though it began in mutuality. Colonists would not have survived without the natives’ help.
Let me share a story from my archives originally given by Charles Colson in his Breakpoint perspective of Nov. 4, 2005. I’ve shared it with you before, but it is a story worth remembering as we come through Thanksgiving.
The Bible tells us to “give thanks to the Lord, for God is good” (Ps. 107:1) As we come up to that special holiday set aside for giving thanks, what are you thankful for?
Historic St. Paul AME Church leaving location on Stone Mountain Street in Covington
St. Paul AME Church in Covington is moving from the location where congregants have met for 132 years.
Did you hear the comment made by the mayor of one of the cities hit hard by the recent typhoon in the Philippines? Concerning this devastating event, he suggested, “God must have been someplace else.”
The Bible states, “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
Ronda Rich column
Orrin Morris column
John Pearrell column
- Estes-Allen wedding
- Quentrail Dukes Jr. birth announcement
- Aleea Gee birth announcement
- Capers-Grooms Engagement
- Thomas-Martin Engagement
- Rockdale/Newton Community Announcements
- Reagan-Chambless Engagement
- Halbrooks-Pickett Engagement
- Fahey-Harrison Wedding
- Mason-Meltz Engagement
- Local bikers invited to join in toy rides, donate to the needy
- Church Activities for Oct. 11, 2013
- TERRI SCHLICHENMEYER: Savor solid gardening tips, mouth-watering recipes in ‘To Eat’
- RONDA RICH: Independence can be learned at any age
- Health Reports for Newton, Rockdale County for Aug. 20, 2013
- Getting crafty
- Enjoying the last days of summer
- Health inspections for Newton, Rockdale counties 3 comments
- TERRI SCHLICHENMEYER: 'When We Talk about God' a helpful, uplifting sermon
- RONDA RICH: A spoiled child can grow into a troubled adult
- Military news for October
- Locals graduate from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C
- July Military News
- Military News for March 2013
- Military News for February 2013
- January Military News
- Military News for December 2012
- November Military News
- Military News for October
- September Military News