When Peggy Sue went away, just fell off the face of the earth with no warning or even a holler, we all wondered where she had gone.
The package was wrapped so nicely.. The paper was festive, the colors zesty with frou-frou ribbon and a shiny bow on top.
Members of the Conyers-based Sharp Shooters photography club contributed these photographs to the Citizen images page.
Mama was stubborn. "Set in her ways," is what country folks call it and boy, was she.
The Christmas tree is long gone.
Tiffani Alexander has a collection of 20 different insects and a separate collection specifically of 15 beetles.
Recently, I was in a bookstore with a friend.
Happily ever after.. That's how things go at the end of a fairy tale. The handsome prince weds the beautiful princess, dragons are slain, wicked witches become dust, peasants rejoice, and they all live ... well, you know what comes next.
Just talking about her latest undertaking, "Driving Miss Daisy," causes director Cathe Hall-Payne to choke up.
The song always pops up when you least expect it.
What: "Driving Miss Daisy". When: April 25-27 and May 2-4 at 8 p.m.; and April 28 and May 5 at 3 p.m.. Where: Center Street Arts, 910 Center St. in Olde Town Conyers.
When singer/songwriter Chris Massey takes the stage Friday, May 3 at the Whistle Post Tavern in Olde Town Conyers, he'll do so with considerable momentum.
'My Parent Has Cancer' a volume of support for teens, young adults. Truthfully, the bad news came as no surprise.
It seems too many loved ones recently have said good-bye to this vale of grief and sorrow and said hello to sweet eternity. Heaven is blessed, but I am distressed.
- Rockdale/Newton Community Calendar
- Griffin-Murphy Engagement
- JOE LAGUARDIA: We can show our devotion to God in many ways
- Local gospel choir welcomes nationally known Louisiana pastor
- JAMES BEHRENS: God has not abandoned us, He shines through our service to each other
- TONY ELDER: Christ should be our most important focus
- JOHN PEARRELL: Those who consider themselves the body of Christ need to act more like it
- ORRIN MORRIS: Greenbrier vines a metaphor for our own entangled lives
- Progressive music festival celebrates eighth year at Olde Town Pavilion
- RONDA RICH: No happy ending for Peggy Sue's story
- Alianna Zaytsev Birth
- Kelsie Stumpf Birth
- Latrell Dixon First Birthday
- Joy Wells First Birthday
- Lucille Norton's 100th birthday
- Carson Cleveland Birth
- Savannah Zenko Birth
- Stanley Koterba Birth
- Dallas Richardson 5th Birthday
- Ronnie Edwards Birth
- Griffin-Murphy Engagement
- Jacobi - Faust Engagement
- Brockman - Brado Engagement
- Fils -- Pollock Engagement
- Pope - Meredith Engagement
- Lamb - Wyatt Engagement
- Steedley-Pulliam Engagement
- Talton-Durham Engagement
- Partee-Tackett Engagement
- Allgood-Vaughan Engagement