Brussels sprouts, which by the way as I child I used to call mini-cabbages, have some great health benefits to this leafy green vegetables.
THE RECIPE BOX: A delicious dish, even on the first try
If you’ll recall a week or so ago we ran a recipe for French onion soup casserole, which called for fresh French bread. Well, I had some of the French bread leftover and I needed to come up with a plan to use it so it wouldn’t go to waste.
French Onion Soup Casserole, which is today’s featured recipe, caught my attention by its title alone.
While some of the retail chains are already displaying Easter products and candies, I’m just trying to focus on Valentine’s Day, which, by the way, is like 13 days away.
Most of you probably reference today’s featured recipe as cocktail sausages, but in honor of the upcoming Super Bowl game, we are calling today’s recipe Super Bowl Sausages.
One of my favorite gifts I received this past Christmas was an original Bundt Cake pan.
Skillet Cabbage and Sausage, that is whats on the recipe card for today.
When the instructions of a recipe include “melt a stick of butter and slowly stir in the cream cheese” … you know its going to be good. And that is how today’s featured recipe — Broccoli and Cheese soup begins.
THE RECIPE BOX: Surprise your New Year’s guests with these delightful cucumber and tomato appetizer bites
Hopefully today’s recipe, Cucumber Tomatoes bites, will help you spend a little less time in the kitchen and more time with your guests.
Assemble these quick, easy treats to help celebrate the holidays
Christmastime is here and that is good enough reason for me get in the kitchen and whip up a bunch of sweet treats.
If you are tired of the same old tomato-based soups and chilis, then you might be excited to try today’s featured recipe — Creamy White Chili.
I’ve been saving today’s featured recipe — sausage squares — for a while now, in hopes of running it a little closer to the holidays.
Perfectly sweetened roasted carrots
This supreme cake is light and fluffy and has the word “spring” all over it.
Roasted cauliflower soup is a creamy, healthy soup
Pet of the Week
- Pets of the Week: Peter and Milo and Otis ready for adoption
- Farah, Thelma and Louise are looking for new homes
- Chachi, Roxy are both seeking new homes
- A snake and a Cocker Spaniel are hoping to be adopted
- Shasta and Lucy are looking for new homes
- Missy and Scruffy are looking for new homes
- Sammie the goat and Otis the Beagle are looking for new homes
- Pippa, Sammy are eager for new homes
- Jack and Bear are looking for new homes
- Eva and Lily need new homes
- JOHN PEARRELL: Put Christianity into action and make a difference in the lives of others
- JAMES BEHRENS: Best way to experience conversion is by loving one another
- TONY ELDER: Giving into the temptation of sin can lead to a slippery slope
- JULIE WELLS: Prepare for the coming of Jesus and seek salvation
- Church 213 accepting donations to rebuild
- ORRIN MORRIS: Look for pussy willow blooms from February to May
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Pastors rely on diverse personal libraries for inspiration, education, guidance
- Discipline, sharing the Gospel with kids on tap for conference
- JULIE WELLS: Know that God is always there to calm and guide you
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Only through trust can we bridge the racial divide
- SCRAPBOOK: Friends of the Library elect new officers
- SCRAPBOOK: Garden Club awards yard of the month for January
- SCRAPBOOK: XYZ Organization installs new officers for 2015
- SCRAPBOOK: Colonial Dames chapter names Kenneth Tucker as the Outstanding American History Teacher
- SCRAPBOOK: Monies raised from the Be Rich Campaign benefit Newton County Crisis Pregnancy Center
- SCRAPBOOK: Garden Club awards yard of the month for August
- SCRAPBOOK: United Day Program hosts annual basketball and cheerleading tournaments
- Local to compete for Mrs. Georgia title
- Service Guild of Covington wins awards for community involvement
- SCRAPBOOK: The Conyers Garden Club awards the Yard of the Month for March