Assemble these quick, easy treats to help celebrate the holidays
Christmastime is here and that is good enough reason for me get in the kitchen and whip up a bunch of sweet treats.
If you are tired of the same old tomato-based soups and chilis, then you might be excited to try today’s featured recipe — Creamy White Chili.
I’ve been saving today’s featured recipe — sausage squares — for a while now, in hopes of running it a little closer to the holidays.
Perfectly sweetened roasted carrots
This supreme cake is light and fluffy and has the word “spring” all over it.
Roasted cauliflower soup is a creamy, healthy soup
These cupcakes are the perfect green dessert to take to a St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
Today’s food column about French toast roll-ups could possibly be more about what not to do, than what to do.
The Recipe Box: Frozen banana bites
Flat iron steak can be pan seared and the cooked in the oven.
Hearty beef soup
The Recipe Box: Stuffed bell peppers
The Recipe Box — homemade mayonnaise
Roasted vegetables are an easy and healthy side dish.
Pet of the Week
- Pets of the Week: Peter and Milo and Otis ready for adoption
- Farah, Thelma and Louise are looking for new homes
- Chachi, Roxy are both seeking new homes
- A snake and a Cocker Spaniel are hoping to be adopted
- Shasta and Lucy are looking for new homes
- Missy and Scruffy are looking for new homes
- Sammie the goat and Otis the Beagle are looking for new homes
- Pippa, Sammy are eager for new homes
- Jack and Bear are looking for new homes
- Eva and Lily need new homes
- JAMES BEHRENS: Book of Revelations must be pondered with much imagination
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Spiritual journaling good for mind, heart, soul
- Presbyterian choirs combine for Christmas concerts; youth string orchestra and jazz band also set to play
- TONY ELDER: Use your talents, no matter how weak or strong, to share your love for God
- JULIE WELLS: Hearing a child tell the story of Jesus’ birth reminds us all to be excited about this time of year
- JOHN PEARRELL: Take time this Christmas season to review the accounts of Jesus’ birth through the writings of Matthew and Luke
- ORRIN MORRIS: Goldenrod valued for centuries in European wildflower gardens
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Christians can be agents of reconciliation in a divided, and divisive, world
- JOHN PEARRELL: We can blame racial tension on our sinful, fallen human hearts
- TONY ELDER: Be thankful for family and friends, don’t take them for granted
- SCRAPBOOK: Garden Club awards yard of the month for August
- SCRAPBOOK: United Day Program hosts annual basketball and cheerleading tournaments
- Local to compete for Mrs. Georgia title
- Service Guild of Covington wins awards for community involvement
- SCRAPBOOK: The Conyers Garden Club awards the Yard of the Month for March
- SCRAPBOOK: Kiwanis donates to Special Olympics
- Scrapbook: Rotary Club celebrates 75 years
- Scrapbook: YOM for January
- New officers elected for FOL
- Rockdale County High School Class of 1963 reunion