Health Reports for Newton, Rockdale counties for April 30, 2013.
Italian dressing makes cucumber salad a refreshing dish. I'm a Southern girl and what Southern gal doesn't love a good piece of fried chicken or some hot homemade biscuits?
Shape-note singing key to culture. of the South. One day over lunch, my new-to-the-South-but-thoroughly-loving-it husband commented on the choir singing at our church which is led by my brother-in-law, Rodney.. "Among the several things I love about the music at
'My Parent Has Cancer' a volume of support for teens, young adults. Truthfully, the bad news came as no surprise.. Your mom hadn't been feeling well lately and for weeks, you'd heard your parents whispering. You knew she was having some tests done; still, when they finally told you she
When singer/songwriter Chris Massey takes the stage Friday, May 3 at the Whistle Post Tavern in Olde Town Conyers, he'll do so with considerable momentum.. The country singer and his band recently traveled to Nashville to appear on the popular "Billy Block Show," a televised showcase for up
Ashley Allred of Conyers and a senior at Emory University was elected to membership in Phi Beta Kappa, the oldest honor society in America. She graduated valedictorian from Young Americans School. Following graduation from college she plans to pursue a PhD in history, with the goal of becoming a college
Joseph Clark. Air Force Airman Joseph R. Clark graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas. The airman completed an intensive, eight-week program that included training in military discipline and studies, Air Force core values, physical fitness, and basic warfare principles and skills. Airmen
Mr. and Mrs. Stan Imsand of Covington announce the engagement of their daughter, Jamie Michele Cline of Covington, to Matthew Dewayne Jones, son of Mr. and Mrs. Dennis Holliday of Alexandria, Ala.. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Hill of Abingdon, Va., and Mr. and
NEW YORK -- When executives at Paramount viewed the latest cut of the $175 million Brad Pitt zombie film "World War Z," they were not concerned by the violence or its re-engineered ending. They were worried about a minor plot point that involved a sensitive topic: China.. In
Several months ago, an article by M. Craig Barnes in The Christian Century caused a stir when he asserted that it is impossible for pastors to befriend parishioners.
March 3, 10:30 a.m., Abiding Grace Lutheran Church, 5500 Ga. Highway 212, Covington, the church hosts the Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary Chorus in concert, 770-385-7691.143rd Church AnniversaryMarch 3, 11 a.m., White's Chapel UMC, 2020 White's Chapel Road, Conyers, the church celebrates its 143rd church anniversary, Pastor Harold Cobb speaking, dinner served
Chicago native David Roth has been playing his "James Taylor meets Will Rogers" style of inspirational acoustic music for nearly three decades, and even though he performs in excess of 100 concerts a year, he rarely takes the stage with a set list.
One evening back in late spring, I returned home from two weeks of flitting through major airports and hurrying bare-footed through security sensors. I was bone-weary from cramped planes -- the center seat too many times -- and delayed flights.. Home never felt, smelled or looked so good
- VIDEO: Dashboard camera of Reese Witherspoon's Atlanta arrest
- Grammy voters spread love all around
- Golden Globes: 'Les Miserables' 'Argo' and 'Girls' win big
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'This Means War' takes aim at charming Rom-Com, but misses mark
- FILM FANS: 3-D not needed for 'Star Wars: Episode I'
- DISC SPOTLIGHT: 'Woody Allen: A Documentary'
- MOVIE REVIEW: ‘Separation’ unique look at Iran, but audiences may be lost in translation
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'Borrowers' tale 'Arrietty' has warm charm
- Adele top winner with 6 Grammys
- Grammys honor Houston, celebrate 'fallen sister'
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Pastors must maintain delicate balance of leader, friend
- Church Activities
- Spring break volunteers
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Letter-writing, instead of texting and emailing, can strengthen faith, family ties
- JAMES BEHRENS: God opens the human heart, even through tragedy
- Gospel concert set for Sunday at Believer's Fellowship
- TONY ELDER: Follow God's will, even though it may conflict with family, friends
- JOHN PEARRELL: Only God can prevent society's downward spiral into violence
- ORRIN MORRIS: Rugosa rose brings to mind thorny crown worn by Christ
- Conyers Presbyterian service focuses on Alzheimer's patient caretakers
- State House designates ‘Kindness Week’ in Georgia
- Annual father-daughter ball is 'Puttin' On The Ritz'
- NORAD Santa trackers have record holiday
- Poll: Santa Claus believers’ parents had faith in him
- 'Nutcracker' ballet takes the stage in Covington
- Trick-or-treaters head Olde Town Conyers, Covington Square
- Keeping the Noah's Ark afloat
- A family tradition
- J.A.K.E.S. Fest offers free family fun
- RICH: Amazing what you'll find in the family tree