At the urging of State Rep. Andy Welch (R-McDonough), the Georgia House of Representatives has approved, and issued, a resolution making the second week of November, “Kindness Week” in Georgia.
Though top hats and tails are optional, this year's annual father-daughter ball by the Rotary Club of Rockdale County is sure to be super duper.
Santa tracking volunteers received around 102,000 phone calls asking about Santa Claus’ progress. The previous record had been around 80,000 calls.
Santa Claus’ popularity, according to an AP-AOL poll in 2006, is up slightly since before the recession hit.
A ballet dancer since the age of 3, Ashley Lazenby has a wealth of experience when it comes to "The Nutcracker," Tchaikovsky's timeless holiday classic. "My very first 'Nutcracker' was when I was in the eighth grade," Lazenby said. "I was in Waltz of the Flowers and the Chinese divertisma. Since then, over my career I've done pretty much everything there is to do in 'Nutcracker.'"
Trick-or-treaters are invited to the Covington Square between 5:30 and 7:30 Monday night for Halloween candy handed out by public safety officials. In Conyers, the First United Methodist Church will hold its annual Fall Festival from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. to kick off treat-or-treating in Olde Town Conyers.
Three new small black bear cubs cubs are the newest inhabitants at Noah’s Ark Animal Rehabilitation Center and Children’s Care Home, in Locust Grove, and they represent the non-profit’s continuous need for both monetary, and in-kind support.
With the advent of the 183rd annual Salem Camp Meeting beginning today, families were turning up Thursday to air out and clean up their cabins, or "tents" as they're known among the faithful, at the Salem Road campgrounds.
MANSFIELD -- Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center is offering families a day of free fun on Saturday, May 14.
When Robert, a devout reader of this column who also happens to be an accomplished researcher in matter of family lineage, offered to trace my family roots, I accepted faster than kudzu can grow on a hot summer's day.
An upcoming exhibit at the Olde Town Gallery & Studio is a family affair.
- JULIE WELLS: Have you accepted Jesus into your heart?
- How to open a lemonade stand
- How to grow rosemary
- How to get more views on your YouTube videos
- Study: U.S. Alzheimer’s rate is declining
- THE RECIPE BOX: Enjoy the flavor of hot wings without the mess
- JULIE WELLS: Our job as Christians is to love, not judge and condemn
- BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT: George Eidson
- BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT: Liam Langford
- SCRAPBOOK: Conyers Garden Club celebrates Garden Week
- Blues legend B.B. King, 89, dies | PHOTO GALLERY
- 'Full House' reunion on Netflix is officially happening
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek's Spock, dies at age 83
- 'Birdman' wins big at politically charged Oscars | PHOTOS | WINNERS
- Shimmer and shine dominate rain-soaked Oscars red carpet | PHOTOS
- 'Saved By the Bell' cast reunites on 'Jimmy Fallon' | VIDEO
- California Guitar Trio to perform at Tifton college
- Georgia's Phillip Phillips, American Idol winner seeks to escape contract
- 'Birdman,' 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' lead Oscar nods | LIST | POLL
- 'Boyhood, 'Grand Budapest' take top Golden Globes
- LAGUARDIA: Rejoice in the confidence that God has a purpose for your life
- TONY ELDER: We're free to do good works, not because we must, but because we want to
- JOHN PEARRELL: Church should make outsiders feel welcome
- Victorious Life hosts health fair
- JAMES BEHRENS: We create wondrous memories each day of our lives
- ORRIN MORRIS: Insects nourish the carnivorous pitcher plant
- Salem Camp Meeting set for July 12
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Greatest lesson learned from mission work is humility
- JAMES BEHRENS: Find God, peace by confiding in others
- ORRIN MORRIS: Tuliptree one of the most important of Southern hardwoods