At the urging of State Rep. Andy Welch (R-McDonough), the Georgia House of Representatives has approved, and issued, a resolution making the second week of November, “Kindness Week” in Georgia.
Though top hats and tails are optional, this year's annual father-daughter ball by the Rotary Club of Rockdale County is sure to be super duper.
Santa tracking volunteers received around 102,000 phone calls asking about Santa Claus’ progress. The previous record had been around 80,000 calls.
Santa Claus’ popularity, according to an AP-AOL poll in 2006, is up slightly since before the recession hit.
A ballet dancer since the age of 3, Ashley Lazenby has a wealth of experience when it comes to "The Nutcracker," Tchaikovsky's timeless holiday classic. "My very first 'Nutcracker' was when I was in the eighth grade," Lazenby said. "I was in Waltz of the Flowers and the Chinese divertisma. Since then, over my career I've done pretty much everything there is to do in 'Nutcracker.'"
Trick-or-treaters are invited to the Covington Square between 5:30 and 7:30 Monday night for Halloween candy handed out by public safety officials. In Conyers, the First United Methodist Church will hold its annual Fall Festival from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. to kick off treat-or-treating in Olde Town Conyers.
Three new small black bear cubs cubs are the newest inhabitants at Noah’s Ark Animal Rehabilitation Center and Children’s Care Home, in Locust Grove, and they represent the non-profit’s continuous need for both monetary, and in-kind support.
With the advent of the 183rd annual Salem Camp Meeting beginning today, families were turning up Thursday to air out and clean up their cabins, or "tents" as they're known among the faithful, at the Salem Road campgrounds.
MANSFIELD -- Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center is offering families a day of free fun on Saturday, May 14.
When Robert, a devout reader of this column who also happens to be an accomplished researcher in matter of family lineage, offered to trace my family roots, I accepted faster than kudzu can grow on a hot summer's day.
An upcoming exhibit at the Olde Town Gallery & Studio is a family affair.
- Church Calendar
- Health Reports for Newton, Rockdale counties for April 30, 2013
- THE RECIPE BOX: Zesty Italian dressing makes cucumber salad a refreshing dish
- RONDA RICH: Shape-note singing integral to Southern culture
- TERRI SCHLICHENMEYER: 'My Parent Has Cancer' a volume of support for teens, young adults
- Country singer Chris Massey makes a stop in Conyers before nine-city tour in June
- April Area Students -- College
- Garden Club elects new officers
- Military News for April 2013
- Cline-Jones Engagement
- VIDEO: Dashboard camera of Reese Witherspoon's Atlanta arrest
- Grammy voters spread love all around
- Golden Globes: 'Les Miserables' 'Argo' and 'Girls' win big
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'This Means War' takes aim at charming Rom-Com, but misses mark
- FILM FANS: 3-D not needed for 'Star Wars: Episode I'
- DISC SPOTLIGHT: 'Woody Allen: A Documentary'
- MOVIE REVIEW: ‘Separation’ unique look at Iran, but audiences may be lost in translation
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'Borrowers' tale 'Arrietty' has warm charm
- Adele top winner with 6 Grammys
- Grammys honor Houston, celebrate 'fallen sister'
- Church Calendar
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Pastors must maintain delicate balance of leader, friend
- Church Activities
- Spring break volunteers
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Letter-writing, instead of texting and emailing, can strengthen faith, family ties
- JAMES BEHRENS: God opens the human heart, even through tragedy
- Gospel concert set for Sunday at Believer's Fellowship
- TONY ELDER: Follow God's will, even though it may conflict with family, friends
- JOHN PEARRELL: Only God can prevent society's downward spiral into violence
- ORRIN MORRIS: Rugosa rose brings to mind thorny crown worn by Christ