At the urging of State Rep. Andy Welch (R-McDonough), the Georgia House of Representatives has approved, and issued, a resolution making the second week of November, “Kindness Week” in Georgia.
Though top hats and tails are optional, this year's annual father-daughter ball by the Rotary Club of Rockdale County is sure to be super duper.
Santa tracking volunteers received around 102,000 phone calls asking about Santa Claus’ progress. The previous record had been around 80,000 calls.
Santa Claus’ popularity, according to an AP-AOL poll in 2006, is up slightly since before the recession hit.
A ballet dancer since the age of 3, Ashley Lazenby has a wealth of experience when it comes to "The Nutcracker," Tchaikovsky's timeless holiday classic. "My very first 'Nutcracker' was when I was in the eighth grade," Lazenby said. "I was in Waltz of the Flowers and the Chinese divertisma. Since then, over my career I've done pretty much everything there is to do in 'Nutcracker.'"
Trick-or-treaters are invited to the Covington Square between 5:30 and 7:30 Monday night for Halloween candy handed out by public safety officials. In Conyers, the First United Methodist Church will hold its annual Fall Festival from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. to kick off treat-or-treating in Olde Town Conyers.
Three new small black bear cubs cubs are the newest inhabitants at Noah’s Ark Animal Rehabilitation Center and Children’s Care Home, in Locust Grove, and they represent the non-profit’s continuous need for both monetary, and in-kind support.
With the advent of the 183rd annual Salem Camp Meeting beginning today, families were turning up Thursday to air out and clean up their cabins, or "tents" as they're known among the faithful, at the Salem Road campgrounds.
MANSFIELD -- Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center is offering families a day of free fun on Saturday, May 14.
When Robert, a devout reader of this column who also happens to be an accomplished researcher in matter of family lineage, offered to trace my family roots, I accepted faster than kudzu can grow on a hot summer's day.
An upcoming exhibit at the Olde Town Gallery & Studio is a family affair.
- Gordon-Weller engagement announcement
- Military news for March
- Wilson-Smith engagement
- Honor Roll: Clements Middle School
- RONDA RICH: Early NASCAR driver's talent legendary
- Grant Sherrill birth announcement
- Sophie Maloney birth announcement
- Scrapbook: Rotary Club celebrates 75 years
- Coggins 70th anniversary
- Honor roll for Mansfield Elementary School
- Ellen's Oscar 'selfie' crashes Twitter, breaks record
- OSCAR WRAPUP: '12 Years A Slave' makes history with best picture
- Pale metallics, bold jewel tones dominate Oscars Red Carpet
- Paula Deen continues comeback
- Shirley Temple Black, beloved childhood star and former ambassador, dies at age 85
- Shirley Temple Black, beloved childhood star and former ambassador, dies at age 85 (Photo Gallery)
- Hollywood kicks off 2014 awards season with Golden Globes
- Cory Monteith, star of hit show 'Glee,' found dead
- Actor James Gandolfini, star of 'The Sopranos,' dead In Italy
- VIDEO: Dashboard camera of Reese Witherspoon's Atlanta arrest
- LAGUARDIA: Rejoice in the confidence that God has a purpose for your life
- TONY ELDER: We're free to do good works, not because we must, but because we want to
- JOHN PEARRELL: Church should make outsiders feel welcome
- Victorious Life hosts health fair
- JAMES BEHRENS: We create wondrous memories each day of our lives
- ORRIN MORRIS: Insects nourish the carnivorous pitcher plant
- Salem Camp Meeting set for July 12
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Greatest lesson learned from mission work is humility
- JAMES BEHRENS: Find God, peace by confiding in others
- ORRIN MORRIS: Tuliptree one of the most important of Southern hardwoods