Health reports for Newton, Rockdale counties for June 18, 2013
Health Reports for Newton, Rockdale counties for April 30, 2013.
Restaurant health inspections for June 26.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Restaurant health inspection reports published in the Citizen newspapers include only the restaurant's name, address, score and date of inspection. This is due to the length of violations included i the reports. Readers who would like to know more about a restaurant's score may go online at www.eastmetrohealth.com
Newton Medical has received a state grant for its car seat safety program.
ATLANTA (AP) Bread and rolls are the No. 1 source of salt in the American diet, accounting for more than twice as much sodium as salty junk food like potato chips.That surprising finding comes in a government report released Tuesday that includes a list of the top 10 sources of
Rehab South Physical Therapy will offer free screenings throughout the month of February. During a 15-minute screening, a qualified therapist will evaluate any pains or injuries and give a recommendation for further medical attention.
A new government study suggests a lot of teenage girls are clueless about their chances of getting pregnant.
The Hospital Authority of Rockdale County has announced it will accept applications for the grants program that supports local charitable health care initiatives.
Relay for Life will hold its kickoff event Tuesday, Nov. 15 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Rockdale Career Academy.
RMC officials and the Kimberley Chance Atkins Foundation unveiled the Wall of Hope display Thursday evening at the hospital which includes portraits of 12 local breast cancer survivors.
- Cory Monteith, star of hit show 'Glee,' found dead
- Actor James Gandolfini, star of 'The Sopranos,' dead In Italy
- VIDEO: Dashboard camera of Reese Witherspoon's Atlanta arrest
- Grammy voters spread love all around
- Golden Globes: 'Les Miserables' 'Argo' and 'Girls' win big
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'This Means War' takes aim at charming Rom-Com, but misses mark
- FILM FANS: 3-D not needed for 'Star Wars: Episode I'
- DISC SPOTLIGHT: 'Woody Allen: A Documentary'
- MOVIE REVIEW: ‘Separation’ unique look at Iran, but audiences may be lost in translation
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'Borrowers' tale 'Arrietty' has warm charm
- State House designates ‘Kindness Week’ in Georgia
- Annual father-daughter ball is 'Puttin' On The Ritz'
- NORAD Santa trackers have record holiday
- Poll: Santa Claus believers’ parents had faith in him
- 'Nutcracker' ballet takes the stage in Covington
- Trick-or-treaters head Olde Town Conyers, Covington Square
- Keeping the Noah's Ark afloat
- A family tradition
- J.A.K.E.S. Fest offers free family fun
- RICH: Amazing what you'll find in the family tree
Food and Recipes
- RECIPE BOX: Warm up a cool fall night with chicken casserole
- RECIPE BOX: Transform refried beans into a delicious dip
- RECIPE BOX: Microwave Vidalia onions for a quick side dish
- RECIPE BOX: Pimentos add a nice flavor to mac and cheese
- RECIPE BOX: Veg-All pockets are an easy, delicious dinner
- RECIPE BOX: S'mores trail mix offers a sweat treat for kids, adults
- THE RECIPE BOX: Freedom parfaits add to festive Fourth
- RECIPE BOX: Hawaiian sandwich combines bacon, cheese, pineapple
- THE RECIPE BOX: Caramel brownies are an ooey-gooey treat
- THE RECIPE BOX: Strawberry pie an easy-to-make, delicious treat