Locals graduate from various colleges including: Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College, Georgia Institute of Technology, Oxford College, the University of North Georgia and Valdosta State University.
Porterdale Elementary School names students to the honor roll.
Two Newton County men have been arrested in Rockdale County in connection with a shooting Sunday that left a Covington man dead.
Covington Fire Dept. receives grant for controlled burn
During an experimental, controlled burn, the Covington Fire Department showed the importance of having a home sprinkler system installed.
Newborn hosts Hornyhead fishing tournament and Festival
Grab a fishing pole and cast a line on Saturday as Newborn’s Hornyhead fishing tournament and festival returns to the quaint town.
NCSS reschedules portion of CRCT
High winds that blew through the east metro area early Wednesday morning brought down some trees, power lines, and even contributed to the Newton County School System rescheduling standardized testing planned for the day.
Below are the Top Five most-viewed stories on the Rockdale Citizen website last week.
A woman riding a four-wheeler in the Woods of Deering subdivision was injured Wednesday when she apparently lost control and crashed into a parked pickup truck.
Cheryl Boochee has been watching “Family Feud” since it started its run three decades ago, and she always hoped she could bring her family on the show. It took more than one audition, but Boochee never gave up.
Early voting begins Oct. 14; deadline to register to vote is Oct. 7
A Covington woman was killed in a one-vehicle crash Saturday night, according to the Georgia State Patrol.
Two very familiar faces will be absent from the Rockdale County Board of Education this year.
An election that captured the attention of Rockdale residents for more than half the year was the biggest story in Rockdale County in 2012.
An unusual lawsuit filed by a principal in the Newton County School System served as a focus for many readers for about half of 2012.
News that Baxter International will open a bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in Stanton Springs isn’t just the top story of the year — it may well be one of the top stories in the history of Newton County.
- Square Bikes carries road, mountain, hybrid and children's bikes and accessories
- Gregory Pope elected to policy-making position with State Bar
- April Conway of Rockdale will serve in Bangladesh as a consular officer
- Michael Meyers will head up Augusta City Classic, annual black college football event
- Covington resident named to officer position on State Bar of Georgia
- Stock Market Spring Market raised funds to finance dog kennel for Rockdale Sheriff's Office
- Rockdale Medical Center social worker Jennifer Phillips presented Mercy Award
- Rockdale Medical Center lead tenant in Conyers Medical Park expansion
- Day laborer rose through ranks over the decades to become construction superintendent
- Vet clinic to hold Spay/Neuter Extravaganza on June 13
Rockdale County news
- City to add bike lanes and sidewalks to Irwin Bridge Road
- Home Goods store coming to Conyers
- Authorities urge safety over Fourth of July weekend
- Community calendar of events for July 3
- New Holiday Inn Express to include 'green' plans
- Teen allegedly shoots two puppies during argument with his mother
- Rockale Citizen Poll for July 3, 2015
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for July 3, 2015
- Salem Camp Meeting set to run from July 10 to 17
- Newton County man accused of sending lewd pictures to women on Facebook
- AREA STUDENTS: Locals graduate from various colleges
- HONOR ROLL: Porterdale Elementary School
- RCSO: 2 Newton Co. men charged with armed robbery, murder
- Fire department conducts burn
- Newborn hosts Horneyhead Festival Saturday
- High winds bring down trees, power lines
- Rockdale Citizen Top Five Stories for Jan. 27 to Feb. 2
- Woman injured in four-wheeler accident
- Locals compete on ‘Family Feud’
- Early voting begins Oct. 14