Two Newton County men have been arrested in Rockdale County in connection with a shooting Sunday that left a Covington man dead.
Covington Fire Dept. receives grant for controlled burn
During an experimental, controlled burn, the Covington Fire Department showed the importance of having a home sprinkler system installed.
Newborn hosts Hornyhead fishing tournament and Festival
Grab a fishing pole and cast a line on Saturday as Newborn’s Hornyhead fishing tournament and festival returns to the quaint town.
NCSS reschedules portion of CRCT
High winds that blew through the east metro area early Wednesday morning brought down some trees, power lines, and even contributed to the Newton County School System rescheduling standardized testing planned for the day.
Below are the Top Five most-viewed stories on the Rockdale Citizen website last week.
A woman riding a four-wheeler in the Woods of Deering subdivision was injured Wednesday when she apparently lost control and crashed into a parked pickup truck.
Cheryl Boochee has been watching “Family Feud” since it started its run three decades ago, and she always hoped she could bring her family on the show. It took more than one audition, but Boochee never gave up.
Early voting begins Oct. 14; deadline to register to vote is Oct. 7
A Covington woman was killed in a one-vehicle crash Saturday night, according to the Georgia State Patrol.
Two very familiar faces will be absent from the Rockdale County Board of Education this year.
An election that captured the attention of Rockdale residents for more than half the year was the biggest story in Rockdale County in 2012.
An unusual lawsuit filed by a principal in the Newton County School System served as a focus for many readers for about half of 2012.
News that Baxter International will open a bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in Stanton Springs isn’t just the top story of the year — it may well be one of the top stories in the history of Newton County.
The Board of Commissioners recently tabled a vote on the proposed Salem Overlay, based on public feedback.
Reality TV star Alana Thompson, also known as Honey Boo Boo, was in Conyers with her family Thursday for some ice skating and filming of an upcoming episode.
- O'Charley's in Conyers updates its look, menu
- Georgia credit unions reach 2 million members
- Covington's Pinnacle Bank hires mortgage division manager
- Homebrew store opens in Conyers
- Seminar offered on Affordable Care Act
- Covington resident joins Teach for America
- CrossFit Conyers offers rigorous fitness routines
- Covington man publishes children's book on values
- Hillphoenix awards scholarships
- Life Line health screenings scheduled at Conyers church
Rockdale County news
- Amendments and referendum voters will see on ballot affect taxes, colleges, reckless driving victims
- Rockdale County High 2014 homecoming court
- Rockdale County Board of Education to vote on purchase of storage docks for iPads
- Conyers Service awards presented police officers Chris Moon and Chase Bagwell
- Low pay, staffing lead to turnover at Newton County Sheriff's Office
- Conyers City Council approves contract for ice skating rink to return to Olde Town Pavilion
- Conyers police arrest four more in connection with Keswick Village shooting
- Covington family seeks donations to help father with ALS purchase computer that generates speech for him
- Steeple Chase and Change The World Day in Covington to benefit fight against hunger
- Rockdale Citizen Poll for Oct. 19, 2014
- RCSO: 2 Newton Co. men charged with armed robbery, murder
- Fire department conducts burn
- Newborn hosts Horneyhead Festival Saturday
- High winds bring down trees, power lines
- Rockdale Citizen Top Five Stories for Jan. 27 to Feb. 2
- Woman injured in four-wheeler accident
- Locals compete on ‘Family Feud’
- Early voting begins Oct. 14
- Covington woman killed in one-vehicle crash
- Longtime BOE members leave Rockdale seats 3 comments