Locals graduate from various colleges including: Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College, Georgia Institute of Technology, Oxford College, the University of North Georgia and Valdosta State University.
Porterdale Elementary School names students to the honor roll.
Two Newton County men have been arrested in Rockdale County in connection with a shooting Sunday that left a Covington man dead.
Covington Fire Dept. receives grant for controlled burn
During an experimental, controlled burn, the Covington Fire Department showed the importance of having a home sprinkler system installed.
Newborn hosts Hornyhead fishing tournament and Festival
Grab a fishing pole and cast a line on Saturday as Newborn’s Hornyhead fishing tournament and festival returns to the quaint town.
NCSS reschedules portion of CRCT
High winds that blew through the east metro area early Wednesday morning brought down some trees, power lines, and even contributed to the Newton County School System rescheduling standardized testing planned for the day.
Below are the Top Five most-viewed stories on the Rockdale Citizen website last week.
A woman riding a four-wheeler in the Woods of Deering subdivision was injured Wednesday when she apparently lost control and crashed into a parked pickup truck.
Cheryl Boochee has been watching “Family Feud” since it started its run three decades ago, and she always hoped she could bring her family on the show. It took more than one audition, but Boochee never gave up.
Early voting begins Oct. 14; deadline to register to vote is Oct. 7
A Covington woman was killed in a one-vehicle crash Saturday night, according to the Georgia State Patrol.
Two very familiar faces will be absent from the Rockdale County Board of Education this year.
An election that captured the attention of Rockdale residents for more than half the year was the biggest story in Rockdale County in 2012.
An unusual lawsuit filed by a principal in the Newton County School System served as a focus for many readers for about half of 2012.
News that Baxter International will open a bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in Stanton Springs isn’t just the top story of the year — it may well be one of the top stories in the history of Newton County.
- Dentist honored by Emory
- Covington resident hired as investment advisor at United Bank
- Customer donations benefit students at Pine Street Elementary
- Subaru ‘Share the Love’ event generates $900 for Rockdale Meals on Wheels
- Georgia Credit Unions finish strong in final quarter of 2014
- Church at Covington hosts Newton Leadercast
- Inspect-All Services awarded Best of 2014 on Kudzu
- Local Realtor trains to help military families relocate
- Find clothes for children and adults at Brandy's Hope Chest, a Covington consignment shop
- Amici aims to please customers through great food, service
Rockdale County news
- Newton High School has special place in hearts of Class of 2015 | PHOTOS
- Weekend calendar of events for May 23 and 24
- Alcovy High School graduates move forward with solid foundation | PHOTOS
- 'Best is yet to come' for Salem graduates | PHOTOS
- Success defines Rockdale County High School's Class of 2015 | PHOTOS
- High school graduation weekend in full swing
- Commissioner Nesbitt to host job readiness event for those seeking work
- Rockdale Citizen Poll for May 24, 2015
- Divorced couple killed in apparent murder-suicide
- Seniors invited to free health fair
- AREA STUDENTS: Locals graduate from various colleges
- HONOR ROLL: Porterdale Elementary School
- RCSO: 2 Newton Co. men charged with armed robbery, murder
- Fire department conducts burn
- Newborn hosts Horneyhead Festival Saturday
- High winds bring down trees, power lines
- Rockdale Citizen Top Five Stories for Jan. 27 to Feb. 2
- Woman injured in four-wheeler accident
- Locals compete on ‘Family Feud’
- Early voting begins Oct. 14