Locals graduate from various colleges including: Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College, Georgia Institute of Technology, Oxford College, the University of North Georgia and Valdosta State University.
Porterdale Elementary School names students to the honor roll.
Two Newton County men have been arrested in Rockdale County in connection with a shooting Sunday that left a Covington man dead.
Covington Fire Dept. receives grant for controlled burn
During an experimental, controlled burn, the Covington Fire Department showed the importance of having a home sprinkler system installed.
Newborn hosts Hornyhead fishing tournament and Festival
Grab a fishing pole and cast a line on Saturday as Newborn’s Hornyhead fishing tournament and festival returns to the quaint town.
NCSS reschedules portion of CRCT
High winds that blew through the east metro area early Wednesday morning brought down some trees, power lines, and even contributed to the Newton County School System rescheduling standardized testing planned for the day.
Below are the Top Five most-viewed stories on the Rockdale Citizen website last week.
A woman riding a four-wheeler in the Woods of Deering subdivision was injured Wednesday when she apparently lost control and crashed into a parked pickup truck.
Cheryl Boochee has been watching “Family Feud” since it started its run three decades ago, and she always hoped she could bring her family on the show. It took more than one audition, but Boochee never gave up.
Early voting begins Oct. 14; deadline to register to vote is Oct. 7
A Covington woman was killed in a one-vehicle crash Saturday night, according to the Georgia State Patrol.
Two very familiar faces will be absent from the Rockdale County Board of Education this year.
An election that captured the attention of Rockdale residents for more than half the year was the biggest story in Rockdale County in 2012.
An unusual lawsuit filed by a principal in the Newton County School System served as a focus for many readers for about half of 2012.
News that Baxter International will open a bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in Stanton Springs isn’t just the top story of the year — it may well be one of the top stories in the history of Newton County.
- Pumpkin patch, corn maze, pedal cars a few of the highlights at Southern Belle Farm
- Covington family restaurant offers giveaways to celebrate anniversary
- Belk seasonal employment could lead to full-time work
- Kohl' s to hire more than 69,000 associates for holiday season
- Pratt's newest recycling facility in Conyers officially online
- Inspect-All of Conyers named to Inc. 5000 list
- Jersey Mike's donates to Covington YMCA
- Lexicon honored for work with Rockdale school system
- Firehouse Subs donates water to Rockdale Fire Department
- Allstate agency opens at Courtesy Ford
Rockdale County news
- Newton planners recommend denial of Stanton Springs master plan change
- Medical helicopter gets big welcome at Covington Municipal Airport
- Community calendar listings for Nov. 27
- Grinch returns to Christmas on the Square
- ‘What’s on your Christmas wish list?’
- ‘Never say never’
- Police search for two suspects in multiple thefts of commercial lawn mowers
- Rockdale blotter, Nov. 17-23
- Newton Blotter, Nov. 18-23
- Conyers Police Department reaccredited by CALEA
- AREA STUDENTS: Locals graduate from various colleges
- HONOR ROLL: Porterdale Elementary School
- RCSO: 2 Newton Co. men charged with armed robbery, murder
- Fire department conducts burn
- Newborn hosts Horneyhead Festival Saturday
- High winds bring down trees, power lines
- Rockdale Citizen Top Five Stories for Jan. 27 to Feb. 2
- Woman injured in four-wheeler accident
- Locals compete on ‘Family Feud’
- Early voting begins Oct. 14