Top Letters to the Editor stories
Think Tank is designed to build unity among county residents.
More Letters to the Editor
Let’s fight to give our twice-elected leader the power to improve our nation.
Over the last few years, you may have heard references being made to Saul Alinsky’s “Rule Book for Radicals.” So, here it is: His book dissected into eight easy to understand lessons. Read them, digest them, take some action, or alternatively, go back to your slumber as though nothing is happening here.
Recently, the hiring practices and demographic makeup of the Rockdale County Fire-Rescue (RCFR) 2014 recruit training class have come into question. I take this as a welcome opportunity to share with the community the methods RCFR uses to hire the most qualified employees to provide protection and care for our citizens and visitors.
When I was a little girl, I mean very young, before I started the first grade, when I got a whipping from my mother for fighting with my brother or sisters, I would always go to a favorite place for me.
As promised, I received my copy of the Rockdale Citizen in today’s mail … at 2 p.m.
“Stand your ground” laws seem to be a hot topic in today’s politics. Unfortunately, our local politics are not immune.
I would like to drop a shout out to the Rockdale County Sheriff’s Office.
On Friday, Nov. 29, I bagged my best one ever.
I am sure there are many in Covington, and perhaps throughout Newton County, who are completely unaware of the passing of an era right here in our own back yard.. In recent years there has been a trend for large corporate organizations to
"I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people: whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic, a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect
A study of world history confirms the truth that all governments eventually become corrupt. Today, that truth continues to become more obvious in the U.S. government as incidences of corruption are exposed. Approaching Memorial Day, when we pay tribute to those who gave their all
For those who are our elected officials who never pay attention to the absolute consequences of building communities where the greater majority of residents are renters, here is a concrete rule of thumb: The more renters you draw to your town the more services they will demand and you must provide by law!
Heartfelt thanks for prayers and support. The outpouring of love and support following the death of my wife, Barbara N. McCarthy, has been overwhelming.. We, to include her children and siblings, cannot adequately express our heartfelt gratitude for every person who has assisted and ministered to us. We have been
On Monday, April 29, we will kick off Air Quality Awareness Week with Gov. Nathan Deal to educate Georgians about the health effects of air pollution. It is a time to consider the meaningful actions we all can take to improve outdoor air quality
Weigh interests of children in selecting superintendent. This letter is addressed to members of the Newton County Board of Education. I do not envy you at this time. You carry the weight of all the children of Newton County schools on your shoulders -- and that should be a very
- Look deeper than unsubstantiated claims about newspapers 13 comments
- OUR VIEW: Georgia needs more sunlight
- OUR VIEW: Blushing to help save lives
- OUR VIEW: Five years later, New Orleans still in danger 1 comment
- OUR VIEW: Elections need to be cleaned up
- OUR VIEW: Our students need a push to success
- OUR VIEW: SPLOST will give county needed push
- OUR VIEW: Big numbers hide truth on employment
- OUR VIEW: Newton better due to Mr. Roy
- OUR VIEW: Graduation a big step to adulthood
- JACK SIMPSON: 'Jihadi John' a foe who must be defeated
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Recounting blessings during this time of thanks
- MARK SHIELDS: The end of an admirable era
- LETTER: Public comment change a disservice to citizens
- LETTER: Mothers who've experienced loss should share their story
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Obama's executive order shows disdain for American people
- Georgia senators oppose immigration action by President Obama
- JACK SIMPSON: Comet landing is history in the making
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Wedding bells ringing for Mrs. Charles Manson
- THOMAS: Obama unfaithfully executing the law