The Georgia Municipal Association and several local officials are opposed to three bills that would impact local governments.
Covington Finance Director Leigh Anne Knight was appointed city manager Thursday evening.
State Sen. Rick Jeffares is a new state Senate floor leader.
Newton County commissioners heard a presentation on the proposed Salem overlay at a recent work session.
The city is set to adopt new policies related to utilities.
State Rep. Doug Holt, R-Social Circle, will again introduce legislation during the upcoming session of the Georgia General Assembly to attempt to get regulations over Georgia Transmission Corporation and similar entities.
Mayor Ronnie Johnston has requested the Covington City Council develop a policy related to filming at night in residential areas.
At odds early and often, Joe Biden and Republican Paul Ryan squabbled over the economy, taxes, Medicare and more Thursday night in a contentious, interruption-filled debate.
Local boards can't use resources to persuade voters.
DENVER -- In a showdown at close quarters, President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney sparred aggressively in their first campaign debate Wednesday night over taxes, deficits and strong steps needed to create jobs in a sputtering national economy. "The status quo is not going to cut it," declared
The runoff election in Rockdale County is scheduled for Aug. 21.
Dickerson, Sawyer face runoff for 113th House seat.
Rockdale County residents voted in two new members on the Board of Education to fill vacated seats held by longtime board members -- Mandy North and Sharon Pharr. Incumbent Brad Smith will keep his Post 2 seat.
Sharon Pharr and Darrell Stephens are vying for the school board's Post 4 seat.
New Gingrich stopped by Covington Wednesday to rally support for Tuesday's presidential preference primary.
- Olens named head of Romney's Georgia steering committee
- Georgia open government bill gets early vote
- Ga. Democrats regrouping amid dwindling funds
- More than 72,000 vote early in Georgia primary
- Santorum questions Obama's 'world view,' not faith 2 comments
- Gingrich, Santorum head to Georgia
- GOP candidates pass over Georgia for Super Tuesday debate
- Gingrich warns of Iran problems
- House Democrats split
- GOP: Gingrich, Perry will not be on Va. Ballot
- State House designates ‘Kindness Week’ in Georgia
- Women celebrate ‘Equality Day’ at State Capitol 1 comment
- Conyers City Council sets moratorium on apartments
- Area Students -- College
- School board considering cuts to calendar days, programs 48 comments
- Magnet School offers summer science camp to elementary, middle school students 2 comments
- RCPS new accountability scores above state at elementary, middle schools
- Eastside grad wins national scholarship
- Man arrested after trespassing on school campus; juvenile student released to parents 2 comments
- Heritage ranks on U.S. News schools report 4 comments
- Rockdale student, teacher part of governor proclamation
- Middle Ridge Elementary School -- Honor Roll
- Piedmont Academy -- Honor Roll