Dax Willette got his junior season in cross country off to a fine start this past weekend.
Sights from Eastside and Alcovy football on their season opener
From walk-on to starter, Chase Alford’s come a long way.
A fan fell from the upper deck at Turner Field during Saturday's Atlanta Braves game against the New York Yankees.
Newton struck early and often as the Rams never gave Meadowcreek a chance as they went on to win their home opener 55-0 Saturday night at Homer Sharp Stadium.
The team of Austin Holloway and Josh Sims were too much for Alcovy’s defense as the two connected three times for touchdowns as the Eagles beat their county rival 41-0 at Homer Sharp Stadium on Friday.
Other than a fourth quarter fight that led to a dozen ejections, things couldn’t have gone much better for the Salem football team in its season opener.
With only one week left before the the table is set for ninth-ranked Georgia’s season-opening pregame meal, head coach Mark Richt still wasn’t positive which quarterback would take the first snap for the Bulldogs on Sept. 5.
In the seven years since Paul Johnson took over as head coach, Georgia Tech has produced at least three draft picks in four of those years, including the past two seasons.
Former National Basketball Association star Darryl Dawkins, known as “Chocolate Thunder” for his powerful dunks and flamboyant personality, died on Thursday of a heart attack, his family said. He was 58.
Newton has a simple plan as they prepare for their home opener at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday against Meadowcreek, score quick and early.
As wild as the final four innings were on Thursday, it was only fitting how the game between Apalachee and Heritage ended.
What looked like batting and pitching practice was actually the first Region 2-AAAAAA game of the season as the Lady Tigers crushed Tucker 13-0 in four innings on Thursday.
The Salem High School football team is hoping to build on a successful 2014 season, and the Seminoles’ journey back to the state playoffs begins tonight.
Both Eastside and Alcovy are looking to start the season with a win in but for different reasons as the two county rival’s 10th meeting at Homer Sharp Stadium on Friday at 7:30 p.m.
- Sights from Eastside and Alcovy football on their season opener | PHOTOS
- Newton crushes Meadowcreek 55-0 in home opener
- Eastside dominates Alcovy in season opener
- Newton Rams keeping from declining after last week’s onslaught over Berkmar
- Alcovy run-rules Tucker 13-0 in four innings to start region play
- Hoff looking for first win, Hoffman looking for first win since 2013 season
- Young but talented Eastside football team ready for season to begin
- Eastside takes advantage of Newton mistakes in 15-3 rout
- Plenty of stars, highlights from football’s first weekend
- First game jitters hit Eastside as Heritage cruises to 9-0 win
- Fan who died after falling from upper deck at Turner Field during Braves game ID'd
- Hankerson, Hardy ready to step up if White is out
- Atlanta Falcons sign quarterback Rex Grossman
- Falcons make it official for Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- Newcomers could breathe life into Falcons defense
- Braves land Cuban INF Olivera on second try
- Hawks’ Scott faces drug charge
- Fan to present A-Rod with ball from 3,000th hit
- Falcons’ unsigned Beasley strains shoulder, sits out OTA
- Braves’ Wood aiming for another road win
- Playoff potential realistic for UGA, but who’s the QB?
- Tech’s focus is on defense for 2015 season
- Florida State football star acquitted of battery, reinstated to team
- Alabama, Auburn altering jersey sales stance
- Ohio State suspends Bosa, three others, UGA in top 10, Tech 17
- UGA to introduce Uga X during upcoming football season
- B.C.-Georgia tech to open ‘16 in Ireland
- North Carolina receives notice of academic fraud allegations
- Oxford College men win national tennis championship
- Golson chooses Florida State over others including Georgia