On a 4th-and-7 from Baltimore’s 42-yard line midway through the third quarter, Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan desperately needed to make a play to get his team back in the game against the Ravens.
Marquise Williams passed for 390 yards and four touchdowns, and T.J. Logan scored with 11 seconds left as the host Tar Heels snapped a four-game losing streak.
Nick Chubb is proving more than capable of carrying the rushing load for Georgia.
The Marshall University football team is off to a perfect start and a former area athlete is a big reason why.
Salem’s football team hung on for an important Region 8-AAAAA win Friday.
The Seattle Seahawks have traded wide receiver Percy Harvin to the New York Jets in exchange for a conditional mid-round draft pick, according to multiple reports.
Manager Ned Yost remained evasive on who the Kansas City Royals starting pitcher would be for Tuesday’s opening game of the World Series against the San Francisco Giants.
Even though the Rockdale girls cross country team came in second place, their 38 points was more than enough to allow Rockdale to take home the NewRock trophy for the first time since 1996 after the meet on Thursday at Sims Elementary.
The Baltimore Ravens’ defensive secondary is getting healthier just in time for Sunday’s game against an Atlanta Falcons offense headlined by wide receivers Roddy White and Julio Jones.
Lanier showed no mercy on Heritage’s homecoming night as they crushed the Patriots 49-20 at Evans Memorial Stadium on Friday.
The Rockdale volleyball team kept up its perfect month of October on Thursday.
Former NBA player Chris Webber is heading The Webber Group, which formally contacted the NBA regarding their plan to bid for majority interest in the Atlanta Hawks.
The words were music to Kansas City Royals outfielder Lorenzo Cain’s ears: “Going to the World Series.
Comebacks are one thing. What Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan is trying to do, in leading Atlanta to a turnaround from a 2-4 start, is a different animal entirely.
The Lady Tigers were able to take advantage of Lee County errors to give Alcovy the 3-2 win in the second game of the Class AAAAAA playoff game on Wednesday.
- Rockdale wins the NewRock cross country meet for the first time in 18 years
- Lanier Longhorns prove no match for Heritage Patriots in 49-20 loss
- Alcovy capitalize's on Lady Trojan errors for 3-2 win
- Consistent play to make difference as Eastside try’s to stay unbeaten in subregion
- Clutch hit by Hollingsworth give Alcovy 2-1 win in first playoff game of doubleheader
- Newton softball ready to host first round of Class AAAAAA playoffs
- Young field goal lifts Cougars 17-14 over Georgia Christian
- Lott interception return seals Locust Grove fate as Eastside win 38-29
- Newton penalties not enough to help Alcovy get the win
- Eastside Eagles to take advantage of their dual threat against Locust Grove Wildcats defense
- Ravens’ secondary rallies for test by Falcons
- Chris Webber heading group bidding for Hawks
- Ryan trying to turn things around for Falcons
- Hawks C Horford returns to action
- Hart declines Braves’ offer to be GM
- Falcons offense in need of spark
- Bears-Falcons: What we learned
- Falcons’ freefall ratcheting up heat on front office
- Falcons’ Smith has confidence in DC Nolan
- It’s shootout time at the OK corral
- RB Gurley returns to Georgia practice
- Florida State University breaks silence on quarterback investigation
- Report: Gurley’s season might be over
- Bulldogs head to Missouri without Gurley
- Several Duke players fall ill as they face Ga. Tech’s triple option
- Hunt rushes for career-high 177 yards and a touchdown for Purdue
- Just call it the wild, wild West
- Mariota’s No. 1 pick status dashed along with title hopes?
- Michigan AD admits ‘mistakes’ handling Morris injury
- Florida AD to evaluate Muschamp after season