Though it was a rough end to the weekend, the Rockdale Post 77 American Legion baseball team had a successful stop in Albany.
One state to go for David Ellis.
Things got a bit better for Buck Farmer in his second major league start of the season.
Michigan defensive lineman Ondre Pipkins felt pressured by coach Jim Harbaugh and school staff members during a two-month period to take a medical redshirt that would have ended his college football career.
The NBA Board of Governors unanimously approved the sale of the Atlanta Hawks to an ownership group led by billionaire Tony Ressler.
1st national title in school history
A lightly-rested starter shook off a rocky first inning and helped his school make history on Wednesday.
Heritage High School will have a pair of new head coaches when the athletic season begins in August.
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s appeal hearing of his four-game suspension for his alleged role in Deflategate will be held at the NFL offices beginning Tuesday morning.
The top volleyball program in the area is once again holding its annual summer camp.
Candace Hill is once again the finest girls track and field athlete in the state.
Head coach Mike Budenholzer will hold a joint title of coach and team president in a shake-up in Atlanta that includes the dismissal of current general manager Danny Ferry.
For sports fans in the Conyers area pining for some summer football, look no further than a pair of local high schools.
The Salem boy’s basketball team has a new head man.
As Tiger Woods prepares for his 19th U.S. Open this week, the youngest player in the field said his first memory of golf on television was watching Woods pump his fist after winning his last major.
Joel Quenneville and the Chicago Blackhawks just experienced what the veteran coach called the greatest feeling in the world for the third time in six seasons on Monday, claiming a third Stanley Cup since 2010.
- Piedmont Academy honors continue after state championhsip
- Carpenter, Stanley earn all-state honors
- Eastside boys basketball coach Brent Wren wants to take Eagles to new heights
- Hardwick hopeful that hard work is the key to a successful Tigers basketball program
- King takes over helm for Lady Eagles basketball
- Foster signs with Jackson State
- Rams advance to finals of Cam Newton 7-on-7 series
- Texas high school football stadium that cost $60 million to reopen after repairs
- Holloman is epitome of a team player
- A stumble not enough to keep Stokes from winning a state championship
- Falcons’ unsigned Beasley strains shoulder, sits out OTA
- Braves’ Wood aiming for another road win
- Cox likes what he sees in Falcons’ gym class
- Braves’ Freeman puts up massive numbers at Chase Field
- Hawks’ Korver has surgery; Mack separates shoulder
- Opinions vary on whether Uribe asked for trade
- Braves don’t want repeat of last year’s Western road trip
- No structural knee damage for Hawks’ Carroll
- Curry and James headline All-NBA selections
- Braves’ Johnson nearing return
- B.C.-Georgia tech to open ‘16 in Ireland
- North Carolina receives notice of academic fraud allegations
- Oxford College men win national tennis championship
- Golson chooses Florida State over others including Georgia
- GPC sports ends at softball nationals in Utah
- Another Newton player heads to the NFL as Hunt sign with Giants
- Jaguars win GCAA championship with 18-4 victory over ABAC
- Star quarterback Winston’s lawyer calls Florida rape suit a ‘stunt’
- Oxford College accepting registations for Fowler Memorial Tennis Classic
- Indy remains magical for Duke, Coach K