Top Rockdale County Sports stories
The Eastside girls basketball are not sure if they’re going to be able to reload or rebuild after graduating seven seniors from last year’s team. But one thing they are sure of is that they are going to have to play a different brand of basketball with their new region alignment.
If the GBSA Sox are to contend for a championship in the World Wood Bat 16-under Tournament, Mason Calloway figures to have a prominent role.
For Hallie and Payton Davis, summer is a time to try out new activites. The two are part of a small group of kids finding the enjoyment of being outdoors learning the game of golf.
Covington Post 32’s American Legion baseball team came up just a bit short at the Paul Eames Tournament last weekend in Albany.
Before starting their summer workouts, Alcovy head coach David Baker had a team meeting expressing the importance of building team chemistry.
Sure, for Jason Borcherding and Team Georgia, summer tournament season is about winning baseball games, and hopefully tournament titles. But much more is at stake over the next days and weeks as the futures of hundreds of players will be determined.
The accolades continue to add up for Candace Hill.
More Rockdale County Sports
The National Baseball Hall of Fame induction ceremony had the feel of an Atlanta Braves reunion as pitching greats Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine were inducted on Sunday along with former manager Bobby Cox.
A new era has begun on the baseball and softball fields at Salem High School.
The Lady Rams softball team have a new field, new uniforms, a new booster club and now a new coach.
Tony La Russa, who will be inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame on Sunday, believes there is room in the Hall for tainted stars from the so-called Steroids Era.
After almost three weeks of action-packed racing the minor podium places in the Tour de France are likely to be decided in Saturday’s final time trial.
Alcovy runner Brianna Archer recently signed her way to the next level after agreeing to attend Brenau University on a Track and Field scholarship.
The phrase defense wins championships was never more true than in the American Legion Georgia Tournament as Covington held off Albany for the 3-2 win at Paul Eames Field in Albany on Friday.
Jay Gruden is not leaving any room for interpretation. The Washington Redskins’ rookie head coach said Robert Griffin III is the starting quarterback.
Falcons WR White agrees to 4-yr extension The Atlanta Falcons agreed to terms with Roddy White on a four-year contract extension that runs through the 2018 season and could set the wide receiver up to finish his career with the franchise that drafted him in the first round in 2005.
Not even bad weather could stop the more than 150 golfers from showing their support in the Golf for Laurie tournament at Ashton Hills Golf Club on Saturday.
Rockdale Post 77 got the Georgia State American Legion Tournament off to a fine start Thursday.
Anthony Bazzani had his first rough outing as a professional recently.
Andrelton Simmons has barely played the equivalent of two full seasons in the majors, but the Atlanta Braves shortstop already made enough highlight-reel defensive gems to more than last a career.
Three local high school softball players represented Newton County at the Georgia Dugout Club-Elite 80 Showcase in Woodstock on Wednesday.
The Georgia American Legion state tournament opens for two local teams, starting with today’s opening round.
- Allen signs wrestling scholarship with Chattanooga
- Levi ready for challenge to bring Alcovy basketball back to the top
- Family takes precedence over coaching for Bates
- 35 players on Citizen's all-area baseball team
- Rockdale's Sweat helps TGBA remain unbeaten
- Inductions still special to Ron Bradley
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Rockdale dominates all-area tennis team
- Baseball Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn dies at 54
- Atlanta Falcons to be featured on HBO's 'Hard Knocks'
- Spurs keep their cool in Finals opener vs. Heat
- Brother of Atlanta Falcons' Roddy White dies in shooting
- Atlanta Braves release new renderings of Cobb Co. stadium, mixed-use development
- NBA bans Clippers owner Donald Sterling for life over racist comments
- Former NFL wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson arrested
- Autopsy reveals cause of death of Ultimate Warrior
- American flag catches fire during Atlanta Braves' opening day ceremony
- Johnson goes to backup after crash
- Macon's Mercer University stuns Duke in NCAA Tournament
- Tech, UGA fall Tuesday in men's hoops
- Tech defense big concern
- Bulldogs' walk-on injures ACL while serving in military
- Georgia kicker arrested for BUI
- Tigers draft Farmer in fifth round
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Farmer set for MLB draft
- Farmer, Tech fall in deciding game of regional
- Neal named scholar athlete