The punishing option attack of the St. Pius football team kept chugging along in the Class AAAA state playoffs.
With Ralph Wilson Stadium rendered unplayable by more than five feet of snow in the greater Buffalo area, the Bills and Jets Week 12 game is moving to Wilson’s hometown of Detroit.
The Atlanta Braves reportedly are receiving plenty of interest from teams about outfielder Justin Upton and are intent on trading him.
Every game looms large for the Cleveland Browns and Atlanta Falcons, who are in tight division title races as they prepare to square off Sunday in Atlanta.
Eastside’s Madison Hopper recently inked with with Emmanuel College after a successful senior year for the Lady Eagles.
Mississippi State had a huge, second-half run with a big help from a former area stand out, and now the Bulldogs will play for a tournament championship.
Newton’s defense came up with the big plays when they needed them to beat Central Gwinnett 15-14 in the second round of the Class AAAAAA playoffs at Homer Sharp Stadium on Friday.
The Newton boys basketball team needed a late charge in the fourth quarter to pull away from Heritage before getting the 51-41 win while the Lady Rams had no trouble beating Lady Patriots 75-41 in their season opener on Wednesday.
Perhaps it was inevitable since she’d already received a national honor, but Majesti Bass was recognized as one of the state’s finest volleyball players as well.
Croone, Paladins cruise to first victory
Coming into Wednesday’s game, Bernard Thompson had scored a total of 20 points in the first two games of his senior season.
Defense is going to be the name of the game as Central Gwinnett brings their high-powered offense to face Newton in the second round of the Class AAAAAA playoffs at 7:30 p.m. On Friday at Homer Sharp Stadium.
Kaela Davis scored 15 points to lead four in double figures as Georgia Tech defeated Kennesaw State 77-48 Wednesday at McCamish Pavilion.
The Newton girls basketball took advantage of Heritage’s 42 turnovers as they started their season with an impressive 75-41 win on Wednesday.
Salem’s Mauriello signs on the dotted line.
Once again the Eastside defense will have to find a way to stop a running juggernaut when they step on the field at George B. Maloof Stadium to take on St. Pius X in the second round of the Class AAAA playoffs at 7:30 p.m. on Friday.
- Hopper signs with Emmanuel College
- Rams defense steps up beating Central Gwinnett 15-14
- Newton sweeps Heritage in season opener
- Defense needs to step in to beat Central Gwinnett
- Lady Rams take advantage of mistakes in win.
- Eastside needs to maintain balance against St. Pius
- Local players named to 2-AAAAAA All-Region team
- Piedmont advances to semifinal following 28-14 win over Robert Toombs Christian
- Newton looks at aggressive guard play for successful season
- Lady Rams hope that inexperience won't be a factor
- Braves ready to trade Justin Upton
- Falcons, Browns need win as playoffs loom
- Falcons-Panthers: What we learned
- Braves send Heyward to Cards in 4-player trade
- Saints fan steals football intended for female Bengals fan | VIDEO
- Falcons in must win for division title contention
- Falcons see pass rush as key to playoff push
- Falcons head coach stays focused on team despite future
- Jackson, Johnson questionable for Falcons-Bucs
- Cards C Molina wins seventh straight Gold Glove
- Bulldogs peaking at right time
- Florida looking for offensive-minded coach
- Georgia loses Todd Gurley to season-ending knee injury
- Florida Gators' Will Muschamp out as head football coach
- Tigers, Yellow Jackets matchup crucial in ACC battle
- Auburn looking to spoil Gurley’s return
- University of North Carolina to face accrediting inquiry for academic fraud
- USC’s Shaw shares facts of big lie
- Georgia’s Richt blacks out media
- Tigers peaking heading into Bama game