Top Rockdale County Sports stories
The Rockdale football team sure has enjoyed its two recent visits to Evans Memorial Stadium.
Jallah Galimah couldn’t have started his first high school cross country season any better.
Newton came out and were explosive against Berkmar to start the season converting six plays of more than 25 yards as they won their home-opener 48-21 at Homer Sharp Stadium on Friday.
It was a perfect weekend down south for the Heritage softball team.
After a slow start, the Heritage volleyball pulled away from a local rival Thursday.
Taz Powell’s run on an error turned out to be the deciding factor as Eastside held off Alcovy in their 5-4 win on Wednesday.
More Rockdale County Sports
It’d be safe to assume that for the 2014 softball season, Rockdale has seen just about enough of its neighbor to the south.
Tens of thousands of people lined Chicago’s streets on Wednesday to cheer on an all-African-American Little League baseball team whose U.S. championship has brought pride to a city struggling with crime and budget problems.
A much-weakened United States should still be strong enough at least to reach the final of the 2014 basketball World Cup, which begins in Spain on Saturday.
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon was suspended for one year by the NFL on Wednesday for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy.
Georgia Tech won 19 games in Paul Johnson’s first two years as head coach, but the Yellow Jackets have averaged just seven victories the past four seasons.
When Georgia scheduled Clemson for a home-and-home series to open 2013 and 2014, coach Mark Richt was aware the impact the marquee game could have on the rest of the season .
Thirteen years after winning the U.S. Open, Lleyton Hewitt was back out on Arthur Ashe Stadium court sweating under a blazing sun on Wednesday, still battling, still fist-pumping and still not ready to call it a career.
Newton is hoping to continue to improve on their running game gaining 239 yards last week behind three reliable ball carriers ball carriers as they travel to Meadowcreek on Friday.
Seminoles drop opening match to Woodland
The sport of volleyball can sometimes be as simple as which team is better in the service game. For Salem, that couldn’t have been more evident than on Tuesday night.
The Atlanta Hawks announced Tuesday that forward Mike Scott re-signed with the team.
Blake Sims or Jake Coker? It appears that Alabama coach Nick Saban has settled on Sims getting the starting nod in the Crimson Tide’s season opener against West Virginia.
The Atlanta Braves need veteran right-hander Aaron Harang to pitch well for them down the stretch to keep pace in the National League wild-card race.
If the Atlanta Falcons are going to rebound from a 4-12 2013 season, quarterback Matt Ryan must play a major part in the effort.
- Rams to count on running game against Meadowcreek
- Allen signs wrestling scholarship with Chattanooga
- Levi ready for challenge to bring Alcovy basketball back to the top
- Family takes precedence over coaching for Bates
- 35 players on Citizen's all-area baseball team
- Rockdale's Sweat helps TGBA remain unbeaten
- Inductions still special to Ron Bradley
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Scott lands new deal with Hawks
- Retired Atlanta Braves broadcaster Pete Van Wieren dies
- Baseball Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn dies at 54
- Atlanta Falcons to be featured on HBO's 'Hard Knocks'
- Spurs keep their cool in Finals opener vs. Heat
- Brother of Atlanta Falcons' Roddy White dies in shooting
- Atlanta Braves release new renderings of Cobb Co. stadium, mixed-use development
- NBA bans Clippers owner Donald Sterling for life over racist comments
- Former NFL wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson arrested
- Autopsy reveals cause of death of Ultimate Warrior
- Sims to start at QB for Crimson Tide
- Macon's Mercer University stuns Duke in NCAA Tournament
- Tech, UGA fall Tuesday in men's hoops
- Tech defense big concern
- Bulldogs' walk-on injures ACL while serving in military
- Georgia kicker arrested for BUI
- Tigers draft Farmer in fifth round
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Farmer set for MLB draft
- Farmer, Tech fall in deciding game of regional