The season came to an end for the Heritage boys tennis team Wednesday.
Over the offseason, the Atlanta Falcons talked about being able to show more grit and toughness in 2013, especially in the trenches.
Being the No. 1 seed did not help the Rockdale girls tennis team as the lost to Region 4-AAAAAA No. 4 seed North Cobb 3-1 in the first round of the Class AAAAAA tournament on Wednesday.
Indiana Pacers coach Frank Vogel, despite a 56-win season that secured the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference, is “coaching for his job,” ESPN.com reported Wednesday.
Eastside girls golf team finish runnerup, qualify for Class AAAA sectional
The Eastside boys golf team achieved another one of their goals by winning the Region 8-AAAA tournament and making it back to the Class AAAA state tournament. The girls have one more step before making it to the state tournament after finishing the region tournament in second place.
The Alcovy baseball team had a big third inning scoring nine runs to give the Tigers the 11-1 run-rule win in five innings on Tuesday.
The Eastside baseball team refused to lose in their second game of the series against Stephens County as the Eagles topped the Indians 16-14 in nine innings on Tuesday.
The brilliance of Faith Shelton on the soccer field was on full display Tuesday, and for the Heritage girls soccer team it couldn’t have come at a better time.
San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich credits his players for rebounding in resilient fashion from what he considers the most devastating defeat in his coaching tenure with the franchise — Game 6 of the 2013 NBA Finals — to post the best record in the league a year later.
Steve Kerr played for Phil Jackson in Chicago, they dine together when TNT basketball assignments put Kerr in the same city and there is no pretending the hypothetical coaching conversation between them would be a new one.
Because of Alex Wood’s quirky delivery, the Atlanta Braves thought he might be most effective in short doses coming out of the bullpen.
Three runs in the first and second inning allowed the Tigers to cruise to an easy 11-1, six-inning win on Monday.
It’d been a nearly-season-long struggle for the Salem baseball team, but Monday was a bright spot.
The Eastside baseball team ended their five game skid but more importantly kept their playoff hopes alive with their 5-2 win over Stephens County on Monday.
Gainesville’s baseball team got a contribution from just about everyone in Monday’s win over Heritage.
- Levi ready for challenge to bring Alcovy basketball back to the top
- Family takes precedence over coaching for Bates
- 35 players on Citizen's all-area baseball team
- Rockdale's Sweat helps TGBA remain unbeaten
- Inductions still special to Ron Bradley
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Rockdale dominates all-area tennis team
- Denmark new Heritage boy's basketball coach
- Former NFL wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson arrested
- Autopsy reveals cause of death of Ultimate Warrior
- American flag catches fire during Atlanta Braves' opening day ceremony
- Johnson goes to backup after crash
- Braves' winning streak grows to season-high 11
- A-Rod suspended through 2014 season; 12 others for 50 games
- Ten in a row for Braves
- Braves run win streak to nine games with extra-inning victory
- Braves bats show up just in time
- Gruesome injury ends Braves pitcher Hudson's season
- Macon's Mercer University stuns Duke in NCAA Tournament
- Tech, UGA fall Tuesday in men's hoops
- Tech defense big concern
- Bulldogs' walk-on injures ACL while serving in military
- Georgia kicker arrested for BUI
- Tigers draft Farmer in fifth round
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Farmer set for MLB draft
- Farmer, Tech fall in deciding game of regional
- Neal named scholar athlete