Top Sports stories
COVINGTON -- The girls track programs for the area had several successful outings with five of the six schools being represented at the girls state meet and medaling in four events.. But it was Heritage's Morgan Hubbard that exemplified the true meaning of being the best of the best. Hubbard
Staff photo: Manny Fils. The 2012-13 Alcovy basketball team had another signing with Kaci Palo heading to Andrew College. The Lady Tigers leader will be playing the shooting guard position. Palo led the Lady Tigers in 3-point shots taken and 3-point shots made.. "I'm extremely excited for her
Alcovy's Lakeiyah Sorrells decided after trying out for the West Georgia Technical College basketball team that her heart wasn't in the game. That's when she decided that she really wanted to play softball. Fortunately for her, the coach didn't want her to leave the Golden Knights program.. "The basketball coach
When the Region 2-AAAAAA all-tennis teams were announced recently, it was no surprise which team led the way.. Rockdale, which dominated the league in the regular season and swept the region tournament titles last month, had all of its starters, and 10 of the 20 possible spots, fill
CONYERS -- The Georgia Revolution moved to the next round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup tournament with a 4-3 win Tuesday against Real Colorado Foxes at the Rockdale Youth Soccer Association Complex on Tuesday.. The Revolution will host the Atlanta Silverbacks 7 p.m., Tuesday, May 21, at RYSA
ATLANTA -- Callie Alford continues to pick up all-conference honors. The former stand-out softball player at Heritage and current sophomore at Georgia State, was named an all-Colonial Athletic Conference second team member recently.. Alford, a third baseman/catcher who started all 55 games -- 42 behind the
COVINGTON -- The Alcovy boys and Druid Hills led Region 2-AAAAAA with four first-team players each in the all-region boys soccer team.. Making the all-region team from Alcovy are forward Rysan Richardson, goalkeeper Shawn Trowbridge, back Johnny Daham and midfielder Daniel Grothaus.. "As a group, these
COVINGTON -- The more some things change the more they stay the same.. Ashton Hills Golf Club may have changed its name a year ago, but the old name continues to live in the 2013 Indian Creek Open, starting on June 8.. This year's tournament, which is in its 10th
SAN FRANCISCO -- Madison Bumgarner limited the Atlanta Braves to four hits over seven innings while striking out 11 and the San Francisco Giants backed him with more run support than in his previous four starts combined in a 10-1 victory Saturday at AT&T Park.
ALBANY -- Morgan Hubbard is a state track and field champion. The standout at Heritage won the 300-meter hurdles at the Class AAAAA meet Saturday, outpacing Jones County's Victoria Dumas 43.84 to 44.59.
ATLANTA -- Buck Farmer wasn't at his best Friday against one of the nation's top-hitting teams, but he was good enough to allow his team to pick up a big comeback victory.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- The Memphis Grizzlies kept the home-court advantage on Saturday that it stole from Oklahoma City, but it wasn't easy.
Buck Farmer wasn’t at this best Friday against one of the nation’s top hitting teams, but he was good enough to allow his team to get a big come back victory.
Four Heritage football players signed college scholarships recently.
- Lakeside-DeKalb defeats Heritage in penalty kicks
- Heritage track and field finishes seventh at state meet
- East Coweta sweeps Rockdale on diamond
- Heritage boys soccer ends first round slump
- Heritage girls knocked out in opening round
- Rockdale tennis eliminated in second round
- Rockdale tennis sweeps first round matches
- Heritage boys, girls lose tight games to Parkview
- Patriots shut out Clarke Central on diamond
- Eagles top Lanier to remain perfect in region
- Garcia, Leishman share lead at Masters
- Falcons making changes on O-line
- Many favorites for Nicklaus at Masters
- Smith scores 28 as Hawks topple 76ers
- More players to make weekend cut at Masters
- G-Braves sweep doubleheader against Charlotte
- BRAVES NOTES: Venters to see James Andrews about elbow
- Terdoslavich among four Braves sent down
- Rehabbing McCann uncertain of future
- Simmons returns to Braves with red-hot bat
- Farmer gets no-decision in Tech's walk-off win
- JENKINS: The AAU Effect is damaging college basketball
- COLLEGE NOTES: Salem's Bailey named first team all-conference
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL NOTES: Clowney injured, may miss spring game
- Final Four leaves Atlanta with numerous memories
- Louisville beats Michigan to claim NCAA championship
- Hancock comes off bench to shine for Louisville
- Ware a national champion
- Farmer pitches well, still drops first game of '13
- Bench leads Louisville rally past Wichita State