A strong Hillgrove girls tennis team ended Rockdale’s season Monday.
The top of the Clemson batting order was too much for Georgia Tech on Saturday.
The Heritage soccer teams will open up play in the Class AAAAA state tournament next week.
With the draft approaching, first-year head coach Dan Quinn has been pleased with the re-tooling of the Atlanta Falcons’ roster this offseason.
Atlanta manager Fredi Gonzalez initially struck his usual optimistic tone Thursday afternoon when he was asked about the inability of Braves starting pitchers to pitch deeply or effectively into games.
The Eastside Eagles showed what they were made of after fending off a determined Spalding baseball team to get the sweep in their Region 4-AAAA playoff games of Thursday.
Superior hand speed will give Manny Pacquiao a decisive edge over American Floyd Mayweather in their heavily anticipated megafight in Las Vegas next week, says the Filipino southpaw’s trainer Freddie Roach.
Thoughts on NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series in 140 words or less:
A spot in the Class AAAA playoffs was on the line when Eastside Eagles soccer team started their game against Jonesboro before the game was suspended due to poor field conditions on Friday forcing the game to be rescheduled for Wednesday at Homer Sharp Stadium.
The Heritage Patriots hosts a Cornhole Tourney that is scheduled to take place Friday evening.
The Rockdale girls tennis team is headed back to the Sweet 16.
Dwayne Brown of Rockdale inked a basketball scholarship with Northern Oklahoma Junior College on Wednesday.
Rockdale did not play like they were coming off a six-game skid as they dominated Newton from the start to take the first of the three-game series with a 7-1 win on Tuesday.
In one wild inning Tuesday night, the Kennesaw State baseball team was able to pull ahead for good against its in-state rival.
Alcovy’s Kaitlyn Doering was led the Lady Tigers to their third straight Region 2-AAAAAA title shooting a 111 as the Rockdale boys finished with a six-stroke lead over Lakeside to win their first region championship in the region tournament at The Oaks Course on Wednesday.
- Eastside sweeps Spalding to advance to Class AAAA baseball playoffs
- Eastside boys soccer team advance to playoffs despite loss
- Rockdale wins first of three series in seeding battle
- Doering gets low medalist in Region 2-AAAAAA tournament, Alcovy girls and Rockdale boys win region
- Thirty-one advance to Class AAAAAA track sectional after first day
- Timely hitting propels Eastside over Hart County
- Eastside girls finish soccer season with confidence for future
- Beggs signs with Young Harris
- Newton gets 12-8, 10-5 doubleheader win over Lovejoy
- Newton basketball sign three to play at next level
- Falcons seeking speed infusion
- Braves’ Gonzalez concerned about rotation’s lack of innings
- Braves LHP McKirahan suspended 80 games
- Braves’ Freeman hitting better than average suggests
- NBA playoff picture: Celtics clinch despite being idle
- Hawks’ Sefolosha says police caused injury
- NBA playoff picture: Bulls improve seeding with win
- Union probing police tactics in Sefolosha arrest
- Stults a diamond in the rough for Braves?
- New Braves Markakis, Grilli instrumental on opening day win
- Star quarterback Winston’s lawyer calls Florida rape suit a ‘stunt’
- Oxford College accepting registations for Fowler Memorial Tennis Classic
- Indy remains magical for Duke, Coach K
- Duke fights back to beat Wisconsin for collegiate title
- Duke, Wisconsin tied at halftime of NCAA title game
- Title game set: Veteran Badgers vs. youthful Blue Devils
- NCAA president has major concerns about Indiana law
- Tennessee fires Tyndall amid NCAA investigation
- College basketball notebook: The late Smith treats players to dinner
- NCAA Tournament roundup: Wichita State holds off Indiana