It’s Football 101, but the Falcons simply have to be productive on first and second down.
Veteran baseball executive John Hart reversed course and opted to accept a three-year deal to become president of baseball operations with the Atlanta Braves.
Three big hits in a span of four batters and things are all evened up in the Fall Classic.
The Hillgrove softball team had just enough offense and plenty of Abby Evans to pull off a second-round sweep of Alcovy.
Eastside’s football team cannot afford to take Hampton lightly after last week’s loss to Henry County. The Eagles will try to get back on track to win the subregion 4A-AAAA championship as they face the winless Hornets at 7:30 p.m. on Friday at Homer Sharp Stadium.
Georgia will apply to the NCAA on Wednesday for running back Todd Gurley to be reinstated so he can resume playing for the Bulldogs.
Teams are still finding it quite tough to score postseason runs against Madison Bumgarner.
Alcovy’s football team needs to hope a lot of things turn around for them if they hope to get their first Region 2-AAAAAA win against Tucker as they come off a bye as they travel to Adams Stadium on Friday.
South Forsyth’s volleyball team stymied Rockdale one, final time.
Mississippi State received its first No. 1 ranking in school history and after a bye week, the Bulldogs face another first — defending that ranking.
The San Francisco Giants have been here before, winning the 2010 and 2012 World Series.
After nine seasons as a Major League Baseball manager Kansas City Royals skipper Ned Yost decided to put games in the hands of his young players, who repaid the trust by reaching the World Series.
On a 4th-and-7 from Baltimore’s 42-yard line midway through the third quarter, Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan desperately needed to make a play to get his team back in the game against the Ravens.
Marquise Williams passed for 390 yards and four touchdowns, and T.J. Logan scored with 11 seconds left as the host Tar Heels snapped a four-game losing streak.
Nick Chubb is proving more than capable of carrying the rushing load for Georgia.
- Eastside need to maintain focus against Hampton
- Alcovy needs consistency against experienced Tucker team
- Rockdale wins the NewRock cross country meet for the first time in 18 years
- Lanier Longhorns prove no match for Heritage Patriots in 49-20 loss
- Alcovy capitalize's on Lady Trojan errors for 3-2 win
- Consistent play to make difference as Eastside try’s to stay unbeaten in subregion
- Clutch hit by Hollingsworth give Alcovy 2-1 win in first playoff game of doubleheader
- Newton softball ready to host first round of Class AAAAAA playoffs
- Young field goal lifts Cougars 17-14 over Georgia Christian
- Lott interception return seals Locust Grove fate as Eastside win 38-29
- Ravens’ secondary rallies for test by Falcons
- Chris Webber heading group bidding for Hawks
- Ryan trying to turn things around for Falcons
- Hawks C Horford returns to action
- Hart declines Braves’ offer to be GM
- Falcons offense in need of spark
- Bears-Falcons: What we learned
- Falcons’ freefall ratcheting up heat on front office
- Falcons’ Smith has confidence in DC Nolan
- It’s shootout time at the OK corral
- RB Gurley returns to Georgia practice
- Florida State University breaks silence on quarterback investigation
- Report: Gurley’s season might be over
- Bulldogs head to Missouri without Gurley
- Several Duke players fall ill as they face Ga. Tech’s triple option
- Hunt rushes for career-high 177 yards and a touchdown for Purdue
- Just call it the wild, wild West
- Mariota’s No. 1 pick status dashed along with title hopes?
- Michigan AD admits ‘mistakes’ handling Morris injury
- Florida AD to evaluate Muschamp after season