Newton girls cruise in opener
Conner Ferrell hadn’t yet hit a field goal before draining a 3-pointer with less than five seconds remaining in the first half of Friday’s game. After that shot fell through the hoop, the night belonged to the Rockdale guard.
Super Bowl coaches Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick shared a stage divided only by the Lombardi Trophy the Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots play for Sunday.
Tiger Woods slumped to his worst round as a professional when he carded an 11-over-par 82 in the second round of the Waste Management Phoenix Open on Friday.
One of the few players with the game to trouble Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova’s decade-long losing streak to the American great is one of the more curious anomalies in women’s tennis.
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell accepts that 2014 was not a great year.
Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning said Friday he hasn’t made up his mind about playing in 2015 but hopes to know soon.
Quarterback Tom Brady said the New England Patriots are practicing great, knowing the margin for error against the Seattle Seahawks is miniscule.
Pete Carroll has no issue with the New England Patriots taking advantage of the rules in an attempt to catch defenses off guard. But the Seattle Seahawks’ coach has made an effort to ensure his defense is alerted to exactly who the eligible receivers are on a given play.
Already established as one of the best players in the game, American Patrick Reed has set his sights on making a bigger splash at the majors this year while also improving his consistency week-by-week.
Former Eastside swimmers Robbie and Joey Ellwanger help give Berry College in runner-up finish at the Viking Classic
Berry College men’s swim team finished second out of seven teams at the Viking classic in a recent meet.
Rockdale High School dominated the county pool once again.
Newton’s basketball team was on fire in the first quarter making 82 percent of the shots on their way to a 64-37 win over Lovejoy while giving head coach Rick Rasmussen his 200th career win on Tuesday.
It was a tight first half between the girls basketball teams of Rockdale and Alcovy Tuesday night. The second half, though, belonged to the host Tigers.
Tiger Woods, set to compete at the Waste Management Phoenix Open this week for the first time in 14 years, was in a humorous mood on Tuesday as he spoke about his rusty game and a repaired set of teeth.
Marshawn Lynch, the Seattle Seahawks running back who shuns the media the same way he avoids tacklers, is a man of few words and he had just seven of them at his Super Bowl Media Day appearance on Tuesday.
- Simms’ career-high 24 points give Rasmussen gets 200th win
- Alcovy wrestling team takes runner up at East Metro Tournament
- Newton girls unable to overcome mistakes in 61-55 loss to Lovejoy
- Eastside boys win fourth straight
- Eastside girls take advanatge of turnovers in sub-region win
- Eastside grapplers get a win on senior night
- Alcovy girls stage come-back to beat Lady Rams, Newton boys too much for Tigers
- Newton boys basketball coach Rick Rasmussen on verge of achieving milestone
- Tucker girls get 58-47 win over Alcovy to take second place in region play
- Rockdale tops all to win region team duals title
- Kerr, Budenholzer to coach All-Star teams
- Quinn, Kyle Shanahan set to lead Falcons
- Quinn now appears Falcons’ top candidate
- Owners of NBA’s Hawks approve plan to sell the team
- Braves' John Smoltz part of four new MLB Hall of Fame selections
- Detroit feeling robbed by officials in loss to Dallas
- NFL Coach Search: Best fits for five openings
- Matt Ryan’s contract at root of Falcons’ defensive mess?
- Atlanta Falcons fire coach Mike Smith after 6-10 season
- After busy Winter Meetings, more deals left to be made
- Former Eastside swimmers Robbie and Joey Ellwanger help give Berry College in runner-up finish at the Viking Classic
- Coach K at 1K: ‘A heckuva thing’
- Georgia’s Richt gets extension through 2019
- Paterno becomes winningest coach again
- Playoff football, Buckeyes built to last
- Alabama’s Cooper, Yeldon, Collins to enter draft
- Former UGA star, current Chicago Bears player Tim Jennings charged with DUI in Gwinnett
- Georgia turns to NFL ranks for new offensive coordinator Schottenheimer
- FSU’s Jameis Winston to announce plans after title game
- In final, ‘O’ is for Oregon, Ohio St. — and offense