NFL training camps opened this week as hundreds of players hit the field. That includes five former area standouts.
There’s a new American Legion baseball state champion in Georgia.
Local rivals play Saturday at 1
It’s an all-area winner’s bracket final at the American Legion Georgia state tournament.
In an award made all the more special because its customers helped achieve it, Ashton Hills Golf Club in Covington was named the 14th best public golf course in the country based on customer reviews on golfadvisor.com from April until June of this year.
Rockdale Post 77 built a big early lead, then had to hang on in its American Legion state tournament opener.
Asheboro, North Carolina is the destination for six American Legion baseball teams this weekend.
For all but five minutes Wednesday night, the United States outplayed its opponent Jamaica during the CONCACAF Gold Cup Semifinals in the Georgia Dome.
American World Cup champion Alex Morgan will be one of two women soccer players to score a first by featuring on the front cover of FIFA, the world’s most popular soccer video game, the game’s publisher said on Tuesday.
It’s state tournament time for a pair of local American Legion baseball teams.
Former Eastside soccer player Tyrik Francis hopes to start his college career at Truett-McConnell with the same impact he ended his high school career.
The Rockdale Riptides swim team was represented well at last weekend’s 14-under Long Course State Championships, taking home three medals at the four-day event held at Georgia Tech’s Aquatic Center in Atlanta.
The amazing Candace Hill has done it again.
Jordan Spieth, keeping his Grand Slam hopes alive, shot a 6-under 66 to move within a shot of the lead in the 144th Open Championship as the weather finally calmed on Sunday.
In a year filled with outstanding achievement on the track, Candace Hill added one more item to her resume: gold medalist.
The top girls high school athlete in the entire country resides in Rockdale County.
- Cleveland next stop for Francis
- Hill named 2015 Gatorade Female Athlete of the Year
- Cain shows his skills at super combines
- Piedmont Academy honors continue after state championhsip
- Carpenter, Stanley earn all-state honors
- Eastside boys basketball coach Brent Wren wants to take Eagles to new heights
- Hardwick hopeful that hard work is the key to a successful Tigers basketball program
- King takes over helm for Lady Eagles basketball
- Foster signs with Jackson State
- Rams advance to finals of Cam Newton 7-on-7 series
- Fan to present A-Rod with ball from 3,000th hit
- Falcons’ unsigned Beasley strains shoulder, sits out OTA
- Braves’ Wood aiming for another road win
- Cox likes what he sees in Falcons’ gym class
- Braves’ Freeman puts up massive numbers at Chase Field
- Hawks’ Korver has surgery; Mack separates shoulder
- Opinions vary on whether Uribe asked for trade
- Braves don’t want repeat of last year’s Western road trip
- No structural knee damage for Hawks’ Carroll
- Curry and James headline All-NBA selections
- UGA to introduce Uga X during upcoming football season
- B.C.-Georgia tech to open ‘16 in Ireland
- North Carolina receives notice of academic fraud allegations
- Oxford College men win national tennis championship
- Golson chooses Florida State over others including Georgia
- GPC sports ends at softball nationals in Utah
- Another Newton player heads to the NFL as Hunt sign with Giants
- Jaguars win GCAA championship with 18-4 victory over ABAC
- Star quarterback Winston’s lawyer calls Florida rape suit a ‘stunt’
- Oxford College accepting registations for Fowler Memorial Tennis Classic