Mercer, the Atlantic Sun champion out of Macon, stunned Jabari Parker and the third-seeded Duke Blue Devils in the second day of the NCAA Tournament at PNC Arena Friday by a score of 78-71.
It was a rough Tuesday night for two local college basketball teams as both Georgia Tech and Georgia fell to conference rivals.
Georgia Tech has become synonymous with running the football under coach Paul Johnson. Running their spread option offense, the Yellow Jackets have become one of the nation’s most productive running teams. Last year they averaged 311 yards rushing per game, fourth-best in the nation.
Dusan Langura, a freshman walk-on for the Georgia Bulldogs’ basketball team, is likely out for the season with a torn ACL suffered while serving his military duty in Switzerland, according to a USA Today report.
Marshall Morgan, a sophomore kicker on University of Georgia's football team, was arrested over the weekend for boating under the influence on Lake Sinclair.
Former Rockdale pitcher Buck Farmer was drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the fifth round of the Major League First-Year Player Draft Friday.
Salem graduate Josh Bailey was named, along with teammate Jacob Brewster, an all-south region honoree by the American Baseball Coaches Association, one of 11 from the USA South Athletic Conference to be named to the team.
Buck Farmer’s life is about to change in a big way.
Buck Farmer gave Georgia Tech a gutsy start on one day’s rest Monday, but the opposing pitchers were a little too much for the upset-minded Yellow Jackets.
Sheldon Neal received a huge honor recently. At the College Football Hall of Fame/National Football Foundation dinner, the former Rockdale football player was named a Northeast Georgia Scholar Athlete.. Neal was one of five athletes chosen from the area. The University of Georgia chapter honors scholar athletes, both high
OXFORD -- After 10 years as the Oxford College head tennis coach/athletic director, Brandon Feldman is stepping away from the academic arena and joining corporate America.. But before Feldman joins Tennis Connection, a tennis facility management company, he will be the head pro at FishHawk Ranch in Lithia, Fla
Before he becomes a college graduate later this month, Zach Roddenberry grabbed one more honor. The former Salem basketball player and senior at Harding University (Searcy, Ark.) was recently the male recipient of the M.E. Berryhill Award winner.. The Berryhill Award is the highest award the Harding athletic department gives
Buck Farmer pitched well Wednesday in the ACC Tournament opener at Durham Bulls Athletic Park, but heading into the top of the ninth was in line for a loss. Down to their last out, the Yellow Jackets' offense bailed out their ace pitcher.. The seventh-seeded Yellow Jackets were one
Buck Farmer wasn’t at this best Friday against one of the nation’s top hitting teams, but he was good enough to allow his team to get a big come back victory.
Next time you're watching a college basketball game, and supposedly "big-time" players are clanking the ball off the rim over and over again, remember that we mainly have the AAU culture to thank.
Rockdale County Sports
- Florida State No. 1 in preseason coaches poll
- Evans switches sides to head Eastside baseball
- Brewer named new Rockdale baseball coach
- Farmer moving on up to Double-A
- Habeel wins state youth golf tourney
- White done, Jones deal is up next
- Santana, Gattis lead Braves over Padres
- Post 32 dominant to become state champions
- Hall of Fame induction a Braves reunion
- Link named baseball, softball coach at Salem
- Allen signs wrestling scholarship with Chattanooga
- Levi ready for challenge to bring Alcovy basketball back to the top
- Family takes precedence over coaching for Bates
- 35 players on Citizen's all-area baseball team
- Rockdale's Sweat helps TGBA remain unbeaten
- Inductions still special to Ron Bradley
- Providence Christian School changing associations for second straight year
- Holtzclaw headed to South Gwinnett
- Piedmont's Bailey named all-region
- Rockdale dominates all-area tennis team
- Baseball Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn dies at 54
- Atlanta Falcons to be featured on HBO's 'Hard Knocks'
- Spurs keep their cool in Finals opener vs. Heat
- Brother of Atlanta Falcons' Roddy White dies in shooting
- Atlanta Braves release new renderings of Cobb Co. stadium, mixed-use development
- NBA bans Clippers owner Donald Sterling for life over racist comments
- Former NFL wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson arrested
- Autopsy reveals cause of death of Ultimate Warrior
- American flag catches fire during Atlanta Braves' opening day ceremony
- Johnson goes to backup after crash