Top Professional Sports stories
Former UGA great Hines Ward is officially released Wednesday by the Pittsburgh Steelers after an unproductive season.
More Professional Sports
Outside linebacker Vic Beasley, the Atlanta Falcons first-round draft pick this year, sat out most team drills Tuesday because of a strained shoulder.
Alex Wood was one Atlanta Brave not disappointed about the team hitting the road again.
Atlanta Falcons defensive line coach Bryan Cox doesn’t want to put too much weight on offseason workouts. He calls them “gym class.”
Atlanta first baseman Freddie Freeman likes hitting in Chase Field, and pardon the Diamondbacks if they are tired of him proving it every time he comes to town.
Atlanta Hawks guard/forward Kyle Korver underwent surgery on Wednesday night to repair the ligament damage in his right ankle suffered during the Western Conference finals against the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Juan Uribe says he didn’t demand the Los Angeles Dodgers trade him. All he wanted was for the club to define his role.
Braves, Dodgers talk Callaspo-Uribe swap
The Atlanta Braves hope they won’t be reliving a bad dream. Monday’s 6-3 loss at Dodger Stadium began a 10-game Western swing that will also take the Braves to San Francisco and Arizona. Last year, it was a similar three-city road trip starting in Los Angeles that scuttled their playoff hopes.
The Atlanta Hawks had cause to celebrate on Thursday when medical tests revealed that forward DeMarre Carroll had no structural or ligament damage after suffering a leg injury in Game One of the Eastern Conference finals.
Most Valuable Player Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James headlined the list of players selected for the All-NBA team, the league said on Thursday.
Third baseman Chris Johnson was expected to be sidelined four to six weeks, but it looks like he will make it back to the Atlanta Braves lineup inside the short end of that estimate.
The Hawks announced their arrival with a 19-game winning streak, placed three on the All-Star team behind the NBA’s Coach of the Year and yet, Atlanta is the unknown entering the Eastern Conference Finals.
In their best days, the Atlanta Braves were built on pitching — primarily Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and John Smoltz.
The driver of a bus carrying members of a minor league affiliate of the Atlanta Braves was charged with exceeding a safe speed after she lost control early Tuesday morning, flipping the bus on a North Carolina highway.
Shelby Miller had allowed just one homer in his first 28 innings for the Atlanta Braves before giving up back-to-back shots by the unlikely duo of rookie catcher Tucker Barnhart and pitcher Mike Leake leading off the seventh inning Thursday against Cincinnati.
It was no secret the Atlanta Falcons were looking for pass-rush help in the 2015 NFL Draft.
Rockdale County Sports
- Cain shows his skills at super combines
- Hill wins 100 at Outdoor Championships
- Post 77 baseball goes 3-2 in Albany
- Conyers native Ellis closing in on hunting milestone
- Farmer fans 7 in loss to Indians
- Michigan DL Pipkins says he was pressured to retire
- NBA approves sale of Hawks to Ressler group
- Virginia on top of college baseball world
- Heritage added two new coaches to staff
- Brady’s appeal hearing to begin Tuesday morning
- B.C.-Georgia tech to open ‘16 in Ireland
- North Carolina receives notice of academic fraud allegations
- Oxford College men win national tennis championship
- Golson chooses Florida State over others including Georgia
- GPC sports ends at softball nationals in Utah
- Another Newton player heads to the NFL as Hunt sign with Giants
- Jaguars win GCAA championship with 18-4 victory over ABAC
- Star quarterback Winston’s lawyer calls Florida rape suit a ‘stunt’
- Oxford College accepting registations for Fowler Memorial Tennis Classic
- Indy remains magical for Duke, Coach K
- Cain shows his skills at super combines
- Piedmont Academy honors continue after state championhsip
- Carpenter, Stanley earn all-state honors
- Eastside boys basketball coach Brent Wren wants to take Eagles to new heights
- Hardwick hopeful that hard work is the key to a successful Tigers basketball program
- King takes over helm for Lady Eagles basketball
- Foster signs with Jackson State
- Rams advance to finals of Cam Newton 7-on-7 series
- Texas high school football stadium that cost $60 million to reopen after repairs
- Holloman is epitome of a team player