United Parcel Service is almost doubling the number of seasonal employees it hires for this year's holiday shopping season as it aims to avoid a repeat of last year's network breakdown during the crucial period.
Chick-fil-A founder Truett Cathy was remembered for his wit, wisdom, community service and faith at his funeral in Jonesboro Wednesday.
Hundreds of children in several states have been stricken by a serious respiratory illness and federal health officials said on Monday that they have confirmed an unusual strain of virus in some children 6 weeks to 16 years old.
Battle for Jonesborough marks its sesquicentennial
The Battle of Jonesborough — as the town’s name was spelled at the time — is not as well remembered as other Civil War battles, such as Gettysburg or Antietam. But its impact was felt with the fall of Atlanta, Sherman’s March to the Sea and the re-election of President Lincoln.
A Georgia man will be tried for charges including malice murder in the death of his 22-month-old son, who was left strapped in an overheated car for seven hours, a grand jury decided on Thursday.
Home Depot said on Tuesday it was working with law enforcement to investigate "some unusual activity" related to customer data but that it could not confirm if it had become the latest retailer to be hit by a large-scale security breach.
Bryan Hamade, 27, of Lawrenceville tied to photos leaked after being accessed on iCloud.
A record number of gamers, cosplayers, comic book readers and pop culture fans are expected to pour into downtown Atlanta this Labor Day weekend for the 28th consecutive year of Dragon Con.
Four Ohio college students were killed late Monday in a fiery plane crash near a Cleveland-area airport, investigators and college officials said on Tuesday.
A 13-year-old Georgia boy who was shot and killed by an older teenager while he slept may have been the victim of mistaken identity, police said on Monday.
Two American aid workers discharged from an Atlanta hospital after being treated for Ebola pose no health risk to the public, an Emory University Hospital doctor said.
Garth Brooks announced two additional performances on his World Tour at Philips Arena, bringing the total up to seven shows in Atlanta.
Kenny Rogers’ Buckhead home hit the market and is listed at $4.8 million
Tracy Morgan has spent most of the last two decades on NBC airwaves, but it was his lawyer who took his place on the "Today" Show on Monday morning.
Republicans on the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee will soon release a report asserting the CIA's use of harsh interrogation techniques helped bring down Osama bin Laden and disrupt terrorist plots.
Rockdale County news
- Community Calendar for Sept. 16, 2014
- Fuzz Run winners
- 14-year-old Alpha School student arrested
- Rockdale BOE considers the purchase of new buses
- Three Covington businesses report break-ins
- Conyers, Rockdale set the stage for two other TV series
- 'Originals' returns to Olde Town Conyers
- Deputies shoot charging dog
- Newton Medical seeking health care partner
- Rockdale County Health Scores, Sept. 8-15
Crime and police news for Conyers and Rockdale County
- Rockdale Blotter for Sept. 12, 2014
- Rockdale Blotter for Aug. 29, 2014
- Rockdale Blotter for Aug. 22, 2014
- Rockdale Blotter, Aug. 5-11
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Aug. 1, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for July 25, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for July 18, 2014
- Rockdale Blotter for July 11, 2014
- Rockdale Blotter for July 3, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for June 27, 2014
- O'Charley's in Conyers updates its look, menu
- Georgia credit unions reach 2 million members
- Covington's Pinnacle Bank hires mortgage division manager
- Homebrew store opens in Conyers
- Seminar offered on Affordable Care Act
- Covington resident joins Teach for America
- CrossFit Conyers offers rigorous fitness routines
- Covington man publishes children's book on values
- Hillphoenix awards scholarships
- Life Line health screenings scheduled at Conyers church