Leesburg native files contract compaint with California state government
Saying he is “grateful for the opportunities” American Idol afforded him, Phillip Phillips is suing to gain control of his career.
Law enforcement targeting Twitter account in investigation
The FBI and Atlanta police are investigating a Twitter account tied to a bomb threat at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
The National Retail Federation announced Wednesday that holiday retail sales hit their highest peak since 2011 amid a boost of consumer confidence and lower gas prices.
Governor highlights prison reforms, charter schools in speech
Gov. Nathan Deal began his second term Monday by focusing on new beginnings for those residents who have lost their liberties and the youngest residents who are not yet old enough to exercise their political will at the ballot box.
Mercedes-Benz will move its U.S. headquarters to Atlanta from northern New Jersey, affecting about 1,000 employees.
Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, Rascal Flatts, The Band Perry, Dwight Yoakam, Jason Isbell, Old Crow Medicine Show and over a dozen other country music artists will perform on three stages during the two-day festival.
Atlanta police are investigating a shooting inside a movie theater in the city's Midtown neighborhood that left two people hospitalized in stable condition.
Officials say the new Atlanta streetcar is expected to open just before the end of the year.
Sony Pictures cleared the way on Tuesday for release of "The Interview" in some U.S. theaters on Christmas Day, less than a week after pulling the movie following a devastating cyberattack that has been blamed on North Korea.
Coca-Cola Co plans to cut 1,000-2,000 jobs globally in the coming weeks, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
Forecasters say strong storms, some with the potential for isolated tornadoes, are possible over large parts of Georgia on Christmas Eve.
The Ebola virus and celebrities who died this year dominated search trends in Georgia.
According to foreclosure documents, music producer Jermaine Dupri is losing his multimillion dollar Atlanta mansion.
Gainesville's airport is putting in place new guidelines that would allow airplanes four times larger than previously allowed to land there.
Hall County sheriff's officials say their goal is to outfit every deputy and patrol supervisor with a body camera within the next four months.
Rockdale County news
- Club meetings for Feb. 1
- Rockdale Career Academy students to assist with productions in new Lexicon Studios
- Hearing on permit to focus on Atlanta's pollution in South River
- Memorial Middle School student accused of bringing Beretta BB gun to school
- Rockdale Citizen Poll for Feb. 1, 2015
- Court dismisses dispossessory claim by Rockdale County Probate Court Judge Charles Mays Sr.
- Macedonia Baptist Church to host event for Obamacare enrollment
- Newton County resident creates award-winning woodturning projects | PHOTOS
- Questions raised about county attorney's legal fees and tax problems
- Rockdale/Newton Announcements 2015
Crime and police news for Conyers and Rockdale County
- Rockdale Blotter for Jan. 30, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Jan. 23, 2015
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Jan. 16, 2015
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Jan. 9, 2015
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Jan. 2, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Dec. 26, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Dec. 19, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Dec. 12, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Dec. 5, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Nov. 28, 2014
- Auto brokerage sells vehicles at a discount
- Discovery Point Conyers awarded 3-star rating from state
- WildArt gallery opens on Covington Square
- Family Community Housing Association offers workshop to assist potential homebuyers, those facing foreclosure
- Cannon real estate settles into Wall Street complex
- Nora Goodman re-elected to Farm Bureau Board
- Ga. lawmakers press forward on medical marijuana
- Rockdale firefigher opens dive shop in Covington
- National EMS hosts Kim Atkins fund-raiser on Nov. 1
- Ginn Motor supports Y soccer program