Governor's move opens up state resources for disaster preparedness in areas expecting ice
Gov. Nathan Deal signed an executive order to declare a state of emergency for disaster preparedness for the 15 North Georgia counties under a winter storm warning and will ask state workers in affected areas who are not involved in emergency response to work from home.
For the entire month of February, Chick-fil-A restaurants will give customers free cups of its new specialty-grade THRIVE Farmers hot or iced coffee all day long.
Leesburg native files contract compaint with California state government
Saying he is “grateful for the opportunities” American Idol afforded him, Phillip Phillips is suing to gain control of his career.
Law enforcement targeting Twitter account in investigation
The FBI and Atlanta police are investigating a Twitter account tied to a bomb threat at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
The National Retail Federation announced Wednesday that holiday retail sales hit their highest peak since 2011 amid a boost of consumer confidence and lower gas prices.
Governor highlights prison reforms, charter schools in speech
Gov. Nathan Deal began his second term Monday by focusing on new beginnings for those residents who have lost their liberties and the youngest residents who are not yet old enough to exercise their political will at the ballot box.
Mercedes-Benz will move its U.S. headquarters to Atlanta from northern New Jersey, affecting about 1,000 employees.
Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, Rascal Flatts, The Band Perry, Dwight Yoakam, Jason Isbell, Old Crow Medicine Show and over a dozen other country music artists will perform on three stages during the two-day festival.
Atlanta police are investigating a shooting inside a movie theater in the city's Midtown neighborhood that left two people hospitalized in stable condition.
Officials say the new Atlanta streetcar is expected to open just before the end of the year.
Sony Pictures cleared the way on Tuesday for release of "The Interview" in some U.S. theaters on Christmas Day, less than a week after pulling the movie following a devastating cyberattack that has been blamed on North Korea.
Coca-Cola Co plans to cut 1,000-2,000 jobs globally in the coming weeks, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
Forecasters say strong storms, some with the potential for isolated tornadoes, are possible over large parts of Georgia on Christmas Eve.
The Ebola virus and celebrities who died this year dominated search trends in Georgia.
According to foreclosure documents, music producer Jermaine Dupri is losing his multimillion dollar Atlanta mansion.
Rockdale County news
- Community Calendar for Feb. 28 and March 1
- THE RECIPE BOX: Roasted Brussels sprouts an easy, healthy side dish
- Pine Street Elementary celebrates Black History Month
- Newton County jail food services director serves up hearty dishes and job skills | PHOTOS
- Report: Conyers man becomes combative with girlfriend while trying to apply for social services
- Panhandler in Conyers become aggressive with customer and police
- Newton County Theme School kindergarteners hold drive for Newton County Animal Control
- Rockdale Citizen Poll for March 1, 2015
- Blueberry plants and other fruits on sale in annual Rockdale Cooperative Extension Office fundraiser
- Newton County School System selects 2015 seniors as STAR Students
Crime and police news for Conyers and Rockdale County
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Feb. 27, 2015
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Feb. 20, 2015
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Feb. 6, 2015
- Rockdale Blotter for Jan. 30, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Jan. 23, 2015
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Jan. 16, 2015
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Jan. 9, 2015
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Jan. 2, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Dec. 26, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Dec. 19, 2014
- Find clothes for children and adults at Brandy's Hope Chest, a Covington consignment shop
- Amici aims to please customers through great food, service
- Auto brokerage sells vehicles at a discount
- Discovery Point Conyers awarded 3-star rating from state
- WildArt gallery opens on Covington Square
- Family Community Housing Association offers workshop to assist potential homebuyers, those facing foreclosure
- Cannon real estate settles into Wall Street complex
- Nora Goodman re-elected to Farm Bureau Board
- Ga. lawmakers press forward on medical marijuana
- Rockdale firefigher opens dive shop in Covington