The children said the woman had become a good mother — supportive, caring, always loving — and they didn't want their last parent to die.
A fan fell from the upper deck at Turner Field during Saturday's Atlanta Braves game against the New York Yankees.
The Georgia Institute of Technology is investigating allegations that white members of a campus fraternity shouted racial slurs at a black female student earlier this month.
The fatal shooting of a student on the campus of Georgia's Savannah State University was under investigation on Friday, with no suspect yet identified a day after the confrontation that resulted in the man's death.
Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter said on Thursday he will start radiation treatment for cancer on his brain later in the day.
Four Confederate battle flags were found on Thursday at the historic Atlanta church where civil rights icon Martin Luther King Jr. once preached, in a chilling reminder of the shooting of nine African-Americans at a South Carolina church in June.
Kroger is recalling four seasonings because they may be contaminated with Salmonella.
SweetWater Brewing Company, which brews beers including 420 Extra Pale Ale, Take Two Pils, Hop Hash and Georgia Brown, is making preparations for an initial public offering (IPO).
Spelman College in Georgia has discontinued a professorship named after disgraced comedian Bill Cosby and returned the money meant to pay for it.
Chick-fil-A founder Truett Cathy’s widow died Wednesday night, company officials announced.
Thousands of people signed a petition to add the popular hip hop group, OutKast, to the side of Stone Mountain.
The University of Georgia will introduce its newest mascot, Uga X, at a yet-to-be announced date during the upcoming football season.
The annual event takes place July 14
It’s time to break out the spots and cow bells for Chick-fil-A’s 11th annual Cow Appreciation Day event.
The iconic Janet Jackson has announced a second North American leg to her “Unbreakable World Tour” with an additional 27 cities, including a performance at Atlanta’s Philips Arena.
Condolences pour in from governor, local officials in the death of scupltor Andy Davis.
Rockdale County news
- Last chance to see Artful Harvest show
- Fire safety events slated for Fire Prevention Week
- Sherri Washington to run for House District 92 seat
- October car tag renewal notices delayed
- Over 1,000 pounds of produce grown for Rockdale Emergency Relief food bank
- Local taxes boosted by filming industry
- Arrests made in two reported kidnapping incidents
- Rockdale blotter, Sept. 22-28
- JACK SIMPSON: More memories from an old soldier
- Newton Citizen Poll
Crime and police news for Conyers and Rockdale County
- Rockdale blotter, Sept. 22-28
- Rockdale blotter, Sept. 15-21
- Newton blotter, Sept. 16-22
- Rockdale blotter, Sept. 8-14
- Newton blotter, Sept. 2-8
- Rockdale blotter, Sept. 1-7
- Rockdale blotter, Aug. 25-31
- Newton blotter, Aug. 26-Sept. 1
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Aug. 18-24
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Aug. 21, 2015
- Kohl' s to hire more than 69,000 associates for holiday season
- Pratt's newest recycling facility in Conyers officially online
- Inspect-All of Conyers named to Inc. 5000 list
- Jersey Mike's donates to Covington YMCA
- Lexicon honored for work with Rockdale school system
- Firehouse Subs donates water to Rockdale Fire Department
- Allstate agency opens at Courtesy Ford
- Discount tool store Harbor Freight opens in Conyers
- Wilson's Body Shop certified by consumer advocacy non-profit
- Mansfield resident joins Newton Federal Bank