With a vote of 171-4, a proposal to allow for the use of medical marijuana in Georgia passes the state House of Representatives.
After maintaining a low profile from what she has described as a trying time, Albany native Paula Deen is clearly back on the rise.
Delta Air Lines Inc said on Wednesday it would make a major change to its frequent-flier program, basing the number of miles earned toward free flights on how much customers spend rather than the distance traveled.
A female camera operator's assistant was killed Thursday and seven other people were injured when a train unexpectedly bore down on a crew doing camera tests for "Midnight Rider," the Greg Allman biopic shooting in Georgia.
The University of Mississippi wants to question three white male students who may have been involved in draping a noose and a Confederate flag over a statue of James Meredith, the African-American student who braved segregationist mobs to integrate the school in 1962.
Architects with the new Atlanta Falcons stadium released more images of what the new facility will look like.
J. Mack Robinson’s business ventures included car sales, insurance, banking and fashion industries, died late Friday night. He was 90.
Executive sessions don’t trump First Amendment
Attorney David Hudson said elected officials do not give up their First Amendment rights to free speech simply because they hold office or take part in an executive session.
The death of a 30-year-old man from a fall at Turner Field in Atlanta last month during a Braves-Philadelphia Phillies games was ruled a suicide.
A teenager abducted from her suburban Atlanta home by armed men who snatched her during a home invasion has been found alive, more than 24 hours after she went missing.
Celebrity chef Paula Deen won a partial victory on Monday when a U.S. judge dismissed the racial discrimination portion of a lawsuit that has already cost the Southern culinary star a big chunk of her multimillion-dollar enterprise.
UGA is ranked 11th in Princeton Review's list of Top 20 Party Schools, while two other state schools made the Top 20 Sober Schools list.
A giant panda at the Zoo Atlanta delivered an extra bundle of joy on Monday when she gave birth to twins, an apparent surprise to zoo officials who had been excitedly anticipating the birth of a single cub.
Marshall Morgan, a sophomore kicker on University of Georgia's football team, was arrested over the weekend for boating under the influence on Lake Sinclair.
ATLANTA -- Zoo Atlanta officials are "cautiously optimistic" that a new baby panda could be on the way. The zoo reports that Lun Lun, a 15-year-old giant panda, has been confirmed to be expecting her fourth cub.. Based on the size of the fetus observed in an ultrasound
Rockdale County news
- Rockdale Blotter for March 7, 2014
- Medical marijuana bill passes Georgia House
- Rockdale Citizen Poll for March 2, 2014
- Rockdale Citizen Poll for Feb. 23, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Feb. 21, 2014
- Rockdale Citizen Poll for Feb. 16, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Feb. 14, 2014
- GPC closing
- Conyers offices closed Thursday
- Notice to RNC employees and customers
Crime and police news for Conyers and Rockdale County
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Jan. 31
- Rockale Blotter for Jan. 24, 2014
- Rockdale Blotter for Jan. 17, 2014
- Rockdale Blotter for Jan. 3
- Rockdale Jail Blotter
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Nov. 15, 2013
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Nov. 8, 2013
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Nov. 1, 2013
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Oct. 11, 2013
- Rockdale Blotter for Aug. 23, 2013
- Covington's Mitchell named United Bank Employee of the Year
- Inspect-All Services honored by UGA
- Conyers' THP Printing acquires Forest Park business
- Stroke, bone density screenings offered in Conyers
- TONY WILSON: Glitches in healthcare.gov leave some without coverage
- Kohl's Cares offering scholarships for youth volunteers
- Salt of the Earth offers therapy room, massage
- Local sorority chapter holds heart wellness event
- Conyers resident named director of tourism for McDonough
- Conyers resident wins $1,000 at open house event