National Weather Service forecasters say a freeze is possible in parts of the northeast Georgia mountains Sunday, as a large area of cold high pressure builds into the region.
Health officials say two students have tested positive for exposure to tuberculosis after about 150 students were tested at Newnan High School.
A Dallas nurse who was being treated for Ebola will be released from an Atlanta hospital Tuesday after tests showed she's virus-free, a hospital spokeswoman said.
Gov. Nathan Deal said the guidelines drawn up by the state's Ebola response team are stringent but are less restrictive than those put in place by some other states, especially with regard to health care workers who return after treating Ebola patients.
A former NBA player is sentenced to three years in jail after pleading guilty in a fatal crash.
Senate candidates jab at each other in televised debate
Some polls suggest the decision on who will replace Saxby Chambliss as U.S. senator from Georgia won’t be made until a runoff election in January.
The candidates for Georgia governor came to their third and final debate ready to attack, ramping up their accusations on education, taxes and the economy.
Several dogs with burn marks on their backs have shown up in a Georgia county, and no one seems to know how or why they're being injured.
Authorities say a homeowner shot and killed a man in the Stone Mountain area.
The U.S. government is now urging owners of nearly 8 million cars and trucks to have the air bags repaired because of potential danger to drivers and passengers.
Stepping up their vigilance against Ebola, federal authorities said Wednesday that everyone traveling into the U.S. from Ebola-stricken nations will be monitored for symptoms for 21 days.
Officials at the Georgia Aquarium say a 20-year-old beluga whale, Maris, is expecting a calf in the spring.
Ebola concerns have prompted the University of Georgia to postpone a guest lecture by a Liberian journalist.
Gov. Nathan Deal is assembling a group of experts to serve on a newly created Ebola response team.
Supermarket chain Publix is recalling a snack mix because the label doesn't warn shoppers that it contains peanuts.
Rockdale County news
- Newton High School teacher medically cleared of Ebola and will return to school Monday
- Conyers police search for armed TitleBucks robber
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Oct. 31, 2014
- Van Ness: Public safety tops concerns for voters
- Georgia State Patrol looks for witnesses to Sunday's fatal crash in Covington
- Social Circle kidnapping suspect in hospital after standoff in Rockdale County
- Community Calendar for Oct. 31, 2014
- Newton High sees absentee rate go back to normal after Ebola-related issue
- Marty Jones: Conyers-Rockdale Economic Development Council is worth the investment
- Rockdale and Newton schools exceed Georgia 2014 average graduation rate
Crime and police news for Conyers and Rockdale County
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Oct. 24, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Oct. 17, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Oct. 10, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Oct. 3, 2014
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Sept. 26, 2014
- Rockdale Blotter for Sept. 19, 2014
- Rockdale Blotter for Sept. 12, 2014
- Rockdale Blotter for Aug. 29, 2014
- Rockdale Blotter for Aug. 22, 2014
- Rockdale Blotter, Aug. 5-11
- National EMS hosts Kim Atkins fund-raiser on Nov. 1
- Ginn Motor supports Y soccer program
- National Alzheimer's Association co-founder visits Merryvale in Covington
- Dermatology Consultants holds beauty program at location in Covington
- O'Charley's in Conyers updates its look, menu
- Georgia credit unions reach 2 million members
- Covington's Pinnacle Bank hires mortgage division manager
- Homebrew store opens in Conyers
- Seminar offered on Affordable Care Act
- Covington resident joins Teach for America