The top two editors at the student-run newspaper at the University of Georgia have been reinstated after walking out along with other student journalists amid a dispute over editorial control.
For the first time in its 80-year history, Augusta National Golf Club has female members.
A Northern California produce supplier said Sunday it is voluntarily recalling romaine lettuce that was shipped to 19 states, Puerto Rico and Canada over fears about possible E. coli contamination.
Students who work for a University of Georgia newspaper are protesting a decision they say gives control over stories to non-students.
ATLANTA (AP) -- State labor officials say Georgia's jobless rate rose to 9.3 percent in July, which is up from 9 percent in June.. Georgia Labor Commissioner Mark Butler says a main reason for the increase is a large number of temporary layoffs in manufacturing. However, Butler says many of
ATLANTA (AP) -- The Powerball jackpot has grown to $305 million for Wednesday's drawing.. The prize grew after no one matched all six numbers in the multi-state lottery drawing Saturday night. The winning numbers were: 4, 13, 39, 46 and 51. The Powerball was 1.. Though no one hit
Chick-fil-A set a one-day sales record on Wednesday amid an ongoing controversy over a company executive's public stance against same-sex marriage.
ATLANTA (AP) — The Justice Department is investigating claims of discrimination against students with disabilities in Georgia public school systems after a nonprofit group filed a complaint targeting the state's complex education funding formula, the group said Thursday.
ATLANTA (AP) — Forecasters say thunderstorms expected across north and central Georgia could turn severe Thursday.
ATLANTA (AP) -- Officials say they had no reports of major damage as strong storms moved through north Georgia, which had been under the threat of possible tornadoes as a large weather system pushed through the state.. Much of north Georgia was under a tornado watch for several hours Wednesday
ATLANTA (AP) -- Georgia Labor Commissioner Mark Butler said Thursday that the state's unemployment rate has declined for the sixth month in a row.. January's jobless rate was 9.2 percent, compared to a revised rate of 9.4 percent in December. Butler said that figure is the lowest rate since March
ATLANTA (AP) -- Develop Dan O'Leary already has several key pieces in place for a $1 billion lottery gambling facility in suburban Atlanta: A contract on a 122-acre tract of land for the complex, a deal with a gambling company to help run it and an opportunity to win
GAINESVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- Authorities say West Hall High School went on lockdown thanks to an auto correct error in a text message that was sent by a student.. A student at Lanier Technical College sent a text message that meant to say "Gunna go to West Hall this afternoon"
When a federal appeals court hears arguments in the legal challenges against tough new laws targeting illegal immigration in Alabama and Georgia, people outside of those two states will be paying attention.
ATLANTA (AP) -- Executives at Atlanta's airport say they are widening a runway and making other preparations for the world's biggest passenger jet to begin making flights to and from South Korea.. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport officials say Korean Air plans to begin daily service between Atlanta and Seoul
- Deputy charged with child molestation
- Conyers mother, child drown in Pensacola
- Student thankful for teachers
- Customized van donated to injured wrestler Tyler Head
- GSP troopers will have heavy presence during holiday weekend
- DNR warns of new boating laws, stricter enforcement
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for May 24, 2013
- Conyers to answer questions on mixed-use development district 6 comments
- Magnet students offered record amount of scholarships 5 comments
- Students bitten by fox on Newton playground
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for March 15, 2013
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Feb. 15, 2013 1 comment
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Jan. 18, 2013 1 comment
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Jan. 11, 2013
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Jan. 4, 2013
- Sept. 7 Rockdale Jail Blotter
- Aug. 31 Rockdale Jail Blotter
- Aug. 17 Rockdale Jail Blotter
- Rockdale Jail Blotter for Aug. 10, 2012
- Aug. 3 Rockdale Jail Blotter
- National EMS celebrates two decades of accreditation
- Hen House presents art show in Olde Town
- Newton leaders graduate from economic development academy
- Bard employee honored for her work with new hires
- Moe's named top Mexican chain
- Discount Tire opens in Conyers 3 comments
- RMC employee honored by United Way
- Pratt breaks ground on transfer station
- Risk Management wins Citizen drawing
- Apollo Staffing honored